PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats (theoretically) still have a shot at the #1 overall seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
no chance...sorry. Raiders mail it in, they want top 2 draft pick, players checked out. no reason here. KC needs to win. this is about as much of a guarantee there is in the NFL

Yup, he had me intrigued until I saw Raiders over Chiefs.

What! Why is this being discussed? We will be lucky to win Sunday.

They are at home against the worst offensive team in the league. They'll win by double digits.

They are at home against the worst offensive team in the league. They'll win by double digits.

Last Bills game, Brady had no TDs and the Pats were held to FGs for over 3 quarters. New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills - October 29th, 2018 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Furthermore, this 2018 NE run defense is BBs worst ever and is giving up the most yards since 2000 when BB was hired. Patriots' run defense remains ongoing area of concern

The Patriots won that game, on the road, 25-6. So what's your point?

24-12

Week 16

Pats over Bills

DONE

Ravens over Chargers

DONE

Eagles over Texans

DONE

Saints over Steelers

DONE

Seahawks over Chiefs

IN PROGRESS

Week 17

Pats over Jets

Broncos over Chargers

Raiders over Chiefs

The chance at the first seed died in Miami. Still, getting the second seed with a team that's severely flawed on both sides of the ball and has a laughable 3-5 road is something.

It does pay to be in a pathetic division I guess.

We’re going to have to gameplan around what we have.

#1 seed is still possible.

Now we just need the chargers and chiefs to lose.

Sounds simple enough but the raiders are a dumpster fire.

To prove that I'm the most wicked smaht anonymous poster on PastFans.com between the hours of 3-4AM.....I predict:
1) NE wins week #16
2) NE rests all its ailing failing aging bodies......aka......TB12 clients........and gets destroyed week #17
3) Resulting in a 10-6 record which so happens to be my preseason prediction....mocked at the time by the fangirl kool-aid swallowers and other kinds of swallowers as well

After their week #17 bye, then the NEP playoff run can begin

Um you are gonna wind up being wrong. I think the pats will get the two seed. 11-5. So according to your dumb logic people who said they would go 12-4 which was pretty much everyone is a genius cause they are gonna be one game off. you said 10-6. You will be one game off. So i am not sure why you are taking some sort of bizarre victory lap for being wrong. That being said if they lose the jets your a genius.

Um you are gonna wind up being wrong. I think the pats will get the two seed. 11-5. So according to your dumb logic people who said they would go 12-4 which was pretty much everyone is a genius cause they are gonna be one game off. you said 10-6. You will be one game off. So i am not sure why you are taking some sort of bizarre victory lap for being wrong. That being said if they lose the jets your a genius.

I sometimes suspect some posters would rather being right than see the Patriots do well.

In 2001, Oakland lost their final 3, allowing the Pats to secure the #2 seed to set up that epic finale at old Foxboro Stadium and launch the first title run.

In 2018, Oakland is going to help again secure a seed the Pats have no business owning.

Regards,
Chris

if the chiefs lose next game, it could drop them from a #1 seed to a #5 seed...

i expect they put the worthless raiders away, but really i don't think the chiefs survive to the AFCCG at this point so no big deal having the #2 seed

Look, even though we need to rely on the Raiders winning in KC, I still feel blessed we even have a shot at the #1 seed still.

Unlikely, but awesome we still have hope next week.

There have only been two 11-5 #1 seeds in the current 6-team NFL playoff era (2002 Super Bowl Champion Raiders and the 1992 Steelers)

Look, even though we need to rely on the Raiders winning in KC, I still feel blessed we even have a shot at the #1 seed still.

Unlikely, but awesome we still have hope next week.

There have only been two 11-5 #1 seeds in the current 6-team NFL playoff era (2002 Super Bowl Champion Raiders and the 1992 Steelers)
[I'm] still drinking like the guy in your picture, but drinking and thinking about the chance at 1.

Edit: geeze all the Josh Gordon sympathizers are getting up in arms over this. I was literally drinking when I typed that, so I wasn't saying Pete was drinking like that, I meant I was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore