PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign QB Brian Hoyer, LB Brandon Copeland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s like you just started reading this thread. Yes, Winston. I’ve said it in two posts already.

And where’s the “system” and “this offense” stuff coming from as an excuse?

You mean the system that’ll now be changing now that Brady is gone and we now have a mobile QB with a different skillset than Brady? You seriously think the same system is going to be used?

Highly doubt they’re just going to take what Brady did for 20 years, insert Stidham and call it a day....
Yea you really don't have a clue. You say you're a Pats fan but haven't a clue what kind of offense we run. Even before Brady.

Hoyer is a SB champion. Stidham, Newton, Dalton, Rivers and Wilson are not.

Lets go!

I guess in Todd Bradley’s world Winston’s 33 tds (his career high) > Lamar Jackson’s 36. Next time fact check before you post. And FYI Palmer had a 35td-11int season under Bruce. And finally, Palmer actually did what Jameis didn’t, lead the league in td passes (2005).
Yes led NFC, pretty obvious Jackson and Mahomes had more. Didn’t think I need to be more specific, but there you go I guess?

And what does Palmer leading 15 years ago under a totally different coach, have to do with comparing QBs under Arians? We’re talking about Winston and his production, or what you perceive, to be a lack of.

Lastly, Winston played a total of one single season under Arians. So I’m not sure what you’re getting at in terms of a comparison between Palmer and Jameis under Arians, as there’s a tiny sample size in Winston’s corner.

I'm glad hoyer wants to be here.

However I don't want him as a starter.
Depending on what happens in the draft Stidham is the starter. Hoyer is his new bestie. An extra coach without the "Bad cop" stuff. Hoyer has been around and back. Not much he hasn't seen or been through.

he came back for another Super Bowl ring

Yea you really don't have a clue. You say you're a Pats fan but haven't a clue what kind of offense we run. Even before Brady.
I‘m pretty sure I have a clue.

The Patriots run an Erhardt-Perkins offensive system, which removes a simple route tree and focuses on labeled concept plays. It’s a very difficult system that a second year player won’t exactly have mastered.

So in your warped mind, you’re confident in thinking Stidham will be able to confidently slip into this type of offense and run it smoothly. That’s laughable. It will be dumbed down considerably.

I think you’re the one without a clue my friend, but go on.

Rely on your coaching, or replace your coaches. Don't waste the limited spots on your roster with washed up vets in an effort to help develop young projects. Not when you don't have a proven qb on the roster.

you are entitled to your opinon

The Patriots run an Erhardt-Perkins offensive system, which removes a simple route tree and focuses on labeled concept plays. It’s a very difficult system that a second year player won’t exactly have mastered.

So in your warped mind, you’re confident in thinking Stidham will be able to confidently slip into this type of offense and run it smoothly. That’s laughable. It will be dumbed down considerably.

at least that's what they ran last year..........what did they run in Brady's 2nd year?

business as usual

We replace Roberts and Kessler with Copeland and Hoyer.

Are these an unreasonable decisions?

nothing is unreasonable right now.......they have 23M in dead $$ on the books for 2020.......they will be better than in 2000, but it is a transition year

Hoyer has a shot at starting QB which is just about the best news I've heard all day because he's such a solid quarterback

Hoyer was only brought back to back up Jarret STUDham, who Belichick will turn into the next GOAT QB.

The GOAT Maker is about to work his magic again.

at least that's what they ran last year..........what did they run in Brady's 2nd year?
I believe this system has been in place since Parcells arrived. It was clearly dumbed down by Weis after Bledsoe’s injury and focused much more on checkdowns and the running game led by Smith.

James Morgan?
Just saw the article on here that we've shown interest hes a 5th round QB at best.
Anyone really have knowledge of him on this board to share thoughts?
I actually had Morgan on the mind when replying to post yesterday ...
Don't mind his upper half but his bottom half breaks down and is too inconsistent. I don't mind it occasionally but too often I'm watching completely different movements, footwork etc. You see it in the velocity. Very different from

He's a Packers fan and has a fastball but lacks consistent touch, accuracy.

And you're right about staring down WRs. S read his eyes way too easy.

Decision making needs work.

He's a player though. Extremely tough, will play through pain/injury. Has np standing tall and waiting until the last second.

Like his ability to maneuver around the pocket. You can tell he's not scared and can think on his feet. Good feel for what's coming.

Arm talent is there if mechanics can get cleaned up.

Lots of drops this past season ...

Some people differ on his pocket presence and ability to move around. Could definitely improve but there's enough to work with.

Thing that really bothers me is his lack lf touch at times. That's something that will cause pause for a lot of people.

If he could improve even slightly on those two things I think he's a low end starter with some luck.

By all accounts smart & likeable. Guys want to play for him. Arm talent is there. Guy throws easy gas.

He won't be for everyone. I know Giants, Fins and Pats did work on him though. Tossing every stone or whether they actually like him who knows?

With Brady gone, why does everyone assume they will run the exact same system...

Brady, a 6th round pick with little hope of becoming a starter seemed to pick it up in year 2. IMO, Stidham has more tools than Brady did entering year 2. The only thing we don't know about Stidham is the size of his heart

I believe this system has been in place since Parcells arrived. It was clearly dumbed down by Weis after Bledsoe’s injury and focused much more on checkdowns and the running game led by Smith.
Yea you have a clue lol :eek::rolleyes:

Sounds like Copeland is a good locker presence and we all know he can't be any worse than Elandon Roberts. A good depth signing.

Plus he seems pretty intelligent.

During college summers he interned at UBS bank.

After graduation from UPenn he returned to teach a financial literacy seminar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots