PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats sign Jalen Mills

“And I literally turned my back to him, and I screamed out loud, ‘This is Coach Belichick.’ ‘This is,’ excuse my language but I’m like, ‘This is (expletive) Coach Belichick.’ Like, I screamed it loud. And then I turned back around, and he was still like monotone, regular, just having a casual conversation. I’m freaking out, and I was like, ‘My fault, Coach. One more thing, I gotta cut you off. I don’t want to disrespect you, but Coach, you’re a legend to me. I’m happy to be here.’ He was like, ‘Same, man. Happy for you to be here. Can’t wait to get going and coach you up.’ That was definitely a highlight of my moment outside of, of course, making it official and signing my contract, meeting him and also meeting Mr. Kraft.”
Mills said Belichick didn’t even flinch during his outburst.

“He didn’t change his vocal tone,” Mills said. “It was like he was used to it, like he was a rock star.”

Playing for Belichick was a “huge” factor in Mills’ decision to sign with the Patriots.

“Just his defensive mind and how he’s able to put guys in positions, the best decisions to make plays for the team,” Mills said. “You can’t ask for anything more.”

Mills also said he was drawn to New England because of what the organization represents and how the defense is run.

Wasn't a huge fan of the signing seeing the initial money but I think that is a pretty good deal for a versatile player.
In spite of the constant references to salaries I've never cared about it much. I just want to see what he can do on the field.

From OTC, which supposedly Miguel likes and I haven't heard to be anti-Patriot.

Jalen Mills, S, Patriots

4 years, $24,000,000, $9,000,000 total guarantees ($9,000,000 full)​

This was one of the first surprising deals but when the final numbers came out there was less in the deal than thought. The real value on this is two years for anywhere from $10 to $12 million depending on health. The Patriots structured this in a way that they could cut him after the 2nd year and could probably bring his salary in the 2nd year down more if necessary. He gives the Patriots aging defense some much needed athleticism and should be productive enough if healthy.

Grade: B

In spite of the constant references to salaries I've never cared about it much. I just want to see what he can do on the field.
Agreed, but the number of years is an indicator of commitment.

Tom Brady doesn't think much of him.

Tom Brady doesn't think much of him.

Based on what info do you say that?

A quick google search of “Tom Brady Jalen Mills” returns nothing connecting Tom Brady and Jalen Mills — just stories about Mills signing with the Pats.

“And I literally turned my back to him, and I screamed out loud, ‘This is Coach Belichick.’ ‘This is,’ excuse my language but I’m like, ‘This is (expletive) Coach Belichick.’ Like, I screamed it loud. And then I turned back around, and he was still like monotone, regular, just having a casual conversation. I’m freaking out, and I was like, ‘My fault, Coach. One more thing, I gotta cut you off. I don’t want to disrespect you, but Coach, you’re a legend to me. I’m happy to be here.’ He was like, ‘Same, man. Happy for you to be here. Can’t wait to get going and coach you up.’ That was definitely a highlight of my moment outside of, of course, making it official and signing my contract, meeting him and also meeting Mr. Kraft.”
Mills said Belichick didn’t even flinch during his outburst.

“He didn’t change his vocal tone,” Mills said. “It was like he was used to it, like he was a rock star.”

Playing for Belichick was a “huge” factor in Mills’ decision to sign with the Patriots.

“Just his defensive mind and how he’s able to put guys in positions, the best decisions to make plays for the team,” Mills said. “You can’t ask for anything more.”

Mills also said he was drawn to New England because of what the organization represents and how the defense is run.

Listened to 98.5 for a few minutes (only) in my way home tonight and the clown show trio of Mazz, Big Bald Head Murray and that puke Adam Jones (who may be either Captain Stone or Biffins) were all saying that they don’t believe Mills’ BB cafeteria story.....bc it doesn’t fit their pre-free agency freezing-cold takes that Bill’s juice with the players on other teams is gone and that without Brady, no skill position players will want to sign with the Pats, even of the money is good. Those idiot haters are scrambling to move the goal posts now, just like a lot of haters who post here.

Based on what info do you say that?

A quick google search of “Tom Brady Jalen Mills” returns nothing connecting Tom Brady and Jalen Mills — just stories about Mills signing with the Pats.

Brady owned him like he owned the rest of Philthy's defensive secondary in SB52.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back