PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats sign C Darryl Williams

@Wax Frog
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Well done!!!

I loved the Darryls!

But seriously folks, as I mentioned in another thread I thought that Williams became draftable starting any time after #156 when Keith Ismael was taken by the Commandos... And he (or Calvin Throckmorton) Absolutely should've been the pick at 230 if Nike was looking for a Center there, instead of the pick being Dusty Woody...

I'm happy to see a Center signed, but did they already drop the Rookie UDFA Center? Ruddy or something?
Edit: Just checked, Russey is still on the roster, just listed as OL.

I'm happy to see a Center signed, but did they already drop the Rookie UDFA Center? Ruddy or something?
Well, if you don't think that we need to bring in folks to compete for the position of backup center. The incumbent is Ferentz.

With about 45 offensive players and 3 or 4 QB's you need at least 3 or 4 C's on the roster for just to be able to run 3 or so offensive teams until at least the first cut down day. And that not factoring in potential and inevitable injuries.

Based on @CaptianStone's post he's a kid who has a bit of talent as well, 90 slots to fill there will be a lot more moves over the next 5+weeks until camp starts.

I loved the Darryls!

But seriously folks, as I mentioned in another thread I thought that Williams became draftable starting any time after #156 when Keith Ismael was taken by the Commandos... And he (or Calvin Throckmorton) Absolutely should've been the pick at 230 if Nike was looking for a Center there, instead of the pick being Dusty Woody...

You speak of me??? Only kidding, the three Darryls made us all laugh.

Well, if you don't think that we need to bring in folks to compete for the position of backup center. The incumbent is Ferentz.
Don't think that at all. Happy they picked him up. Wouldn't have minded seeing a Center drafted either. Clear now?

With about 45 offensive players and 3 or 4 QB's you need at least 3 or 4 C's on the roster for just to be able to run 3 or so offensive teams until at least the first cut down day. And that not factoring in potential and inevitable injuries.

Based on @CaptianStone's post he's a kid who has a bit of talent as well, 90 slots to fill there will be a lot more moves over the next 5+weeks until camp starts.

Yeah he's not nimble like Andrews - you'll likely won't see him pulling on too many sweeps - but he was experienced, versatile & durable in college, the type of player who will know the calls, snap the ball & get some push... He might last a week or a year, but you gotta keep trying so this is still a good signing either way, imo.

Last edited:
You speak of me??? Only kidding, the three Darryls made us all laugh.
Cousins, I think they reported the wrong Darryl. I think Darryl Williams who started for the Bills at G and RT who was the Williams they signed........or did the sign both the Chiefs cast-off Center as well just to screw with us?
DW Toys

Jag

I expect more from Russey or Dejarlais.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye