PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats sign Antonio Gibson, RB

Gibson is actually criminally underrated, I legit love this move. Wolf is doing a great job. Curious on value.

I like the move assuming it is relatively low dollar. We haven't really had a passing back since James White got hurt/retired.

Good underrated player, as long as the moneys good i like it.

I think he was a promising back, but ended up getting hurt

Moving the needle

Averaged 8 yards per catch last season, not bad.

Like the move, I had him on a list of offensive targets a while back.

Great speed. Good receiving ability. Brings a skill set we don't have. Obviously this isn't a major addition that changes the trajectory of the offense, but I think he's a great fit.

Clocked a 4.39 40 at the combine and is the same height/weight as Cordarrelle Patterson, 6'2 and 220. He also excels as a kick and punt returner and is only currently 25 yrs old (will turn 26 in June). He also played both WR and RB in college at Memphis. Could be our 3rd down back. And, could be lined up almost anywhere.

He's played in 61 games, rushing for 2,643 yards (4.1 Y/A) and 22 touchdowns while catching 172 passes for 1,283 yards and seven touchdowns. Gibson rushed for 1,037 yards and seven touchdowns in 2021, his second season in the NFL. But his rushing total dropped to 546 yards in 2022 and 265 yards in 2023. His receiving output, meanwhile, has ticked upward in each year of his career, with Gibson setting career highs in receptions (48) and receiving yards (389) last season.

They only have one legit RB on the roster in Stevenson, and Gibson is a nice compliment to Rhamondre's style. If he's healthy, that's a decent 1-2 punch. Draft a kid on day 3 and add an UDFA, then let those two compete with Harris for the 3rd RB and a PS spot.

Ok I guess; may be good if really cheap. This may sound crazy but I am ok paying 10-12 per year for another elite RB.

I dig this move a lot. 6-2 former WR, good hands and shifty for size and fast. Has 170+ catches in 4 years, really good 3rd down back.

Last edited:
Again, depending on the contract, what's not to like?

Again, depending on the contract, what's not to like?
It’s fine but you could’ve acquired a really good RB if you were willing to pay with that 100 mil in cap space.

Gibson won’t be better than what we had with an old Zeke last season. Not much to get excited about.

It does not move any needle.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back