PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign 5 PS players to futures contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope that some coach sees Jones has more talent than Richards may finally come.

Apparently, all the Pats coaches are either blind or terminally stupid, then, since it hasn't happened so far.

Then why not promote one?

Exactly. If either of Travis or Jones were outperforming Richards in practices, or even on ST, the might have been promoted. Both were among the top four in Practice Player of the Week awards, and yet ...

The competition begins anew now, but apparently Travis/Jones still need to show the coaches more than they have so far.

ST would be the way for him to play himself into a roster spot for sure.

He was also a significant contributor on the PS, earning at least 4 awards that I know of, including one for the AFCCG.

Can Grigsby move to safety?

While he appears to have the size and testing numbers, he apparently has zero experience. He was an LB all four seasons at Pitt, and made only two PBUs, both as a senior.

In the NFL, he was ST-only for the Rams in 2016, playing 130 ST snaps and zero D-snaps in weeks 12-17, the only six games for which he was active.

With the Pats this season, in the five games after he was signed, he had 79 ST snaps and 14 D-snaps (all D-snaps were late in the regular season finale against the Jete).

While he's only 25, a project to convert him to safety at this point might not be worth the investment.

I am not sure there really is space at WR unless Jules has a setback or Dola retires. He would have to outplay some of the established slot guys by a big margin.

The two defensive backs I am intrigued by.
There is always room on the team for JE and DA.

Nobody works harder....

Apparently, all the Pats coaches are either blind or terminally stupid, then, since it hasn't happened so far.

Did you use that same logic about players like Bequette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back