PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign 5 PS players to futures contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.
WR McCarron, S Jones and CB Lewis, especially, are interesting. And I see Bill signed Ferentz too, just to keep Captain Stone happy. I think the first three I mentioned can legitimately compete for roster spots next year.

I am not sure there really is space at WR unless Jules has a setback or Dola retires. He would have to outplay some of the established slot guys by a big margin.

The two defensive backs I am intrigued by.

My hope that some coach sees Jones has more talent than Richards may finally come.

I am not sure there really is space at WR unless Jules has a setback or Dola retires. He would have to outplay some of the established slot guys by a big margin.

I guess it depends on whether we have the 19-0 corps we thought we were going to have in 2017 or the one that still has Britt and Dorsett on the roster.

I guess it depends on whether we have the 19-0 corps we thought we were going to have in 2017 or the one that still has Britt and Dorsett on the roster.

Not sure what your issue with Dorsett is. He did everything asked of him in his role well and was able to run Cooks' routes well in the SB after the concussion. If his role gets upgraded beyond WR4/decoy he has the potential to be pretty damn good.

And having finally an offseason/preseason to work with Brady might accomplish just that.

Not sure what your issue with Dorsett is. He did everything asked of him in his role well and was able to run Cooks' routes well in the SB after the concussion. If his role gets upgraded beyond WR4/decoy he has the potential to be pretty damn good.

And having finally an offseason/preseason to work with Brady might accomplish just that.

I don't disagree and having nothing against Dorsett. But I would think his roster spot is more easily usurped than JE/Dola/Cooks/Mitchell/Hogan

Wow... all 10 are returning? I don't think that has ever happened. Bill must be happy with the bottom of the roster.

Oh, I think the WR caste may be very different at the start of 2018 than at the end of 2017. Jules, Dola, and Hogan are all iffy in my book, in terms of being in the top 4 WR's, given injury status/history and age. I don't want it to be that way, certainly.

McCarron has college punt return experience, although Reedy has far more college experience and some NFL experience, as well. Both may become far more important to have for Camp competition (for Cy Jones) if Amendola retires.

I don't disagree and having nothing against Dorsett. But I would think his roster spot is more easily usurped than JE/Dola/Cooks/Mitchell/Hogan

JE is coming back from an ACL. Dola was contemplating retirement. MM has had chronic knee issues. Hogan is in his final contract year and will be 30 next year.

Apart from Cooks being there I would not assume anything for certain (which also includes Dorsett).

McCarron has college punt return experience, although Reedy has far more college experience and some NFL experience, as well. Both may become far more important to have for Camp competition (for Cy Jones) if Amendola retires.

ST would be the way for him to play himself into a roster spot for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back