PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats reportedly have received a preliminary offer for JG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Patriots reportedly have received preliminary offer on Jimmy Garoppolo, could still trade him

According to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, the Patriots will trade Garoppolo if an offer is right. The report also added the Patriots have received a preliminary offer from a team and are expected to get one from another team soon.

New England is said to want a first-round pick and more.
giphy.gif

"Bring your best offer... and then up it...

*****es." :)

Last edited:
I hope its Cleveland.
-> 2017
1, 12th pick
5, 1st pick

-> 2018
conditional to a 2nd based on performance OR 3, nth pick

:rolleyes:

I just heard Curran talking about this on WEEI. I like his take a lot.

Paraphrasing, ' The Pats like JG but if someone wants to break the bank they'll take it'. That is a great position to take.

Two firsts?? Will it get that high?

Edit: Nobody would fault the Pats for holding on to JG and nobody would fault the Pats for taking a bank breaking offer either.

About time. I want multiple picks. Browns have the picks. I would like a future 2018 first rounder

The bengals want a 2nd rounder for mcarron

The browns are thinking of taking trubisky with the #1

The sky is the limit for jg

This is comical.

Not even a week ago, Shefter said that Patriots will decline any offer.

If there is a single person out there who thinks that ANY of these reporters have ANY actual clue of what's going on with Jimmy's situation, please PM, I am a Nigerian prince in need of money. I will repay you later.

I hope he goes to Chicago, really the Browns stink, he will fail there and nobody will ever trade for another QB drafted by BB and people will keep talking about that system QB ********.

Last edited:
This is comical.

Not even a week ago, Shefter said that Patriots will decline any offer.

If there is a single person out there who thinks that ANY of these reporters have ANY actual clue of what's going on with Jimmy's situation, please PM, I am a Nigerian prince in need of money. I will repay you later.

That's not what Schefter said.

Adam Schefter doubles-down on Jimmy Garoppolo report on WEEI

' "but I am just telling you Jimmy Garoppolo is going to be on the Patriots in 2017 no matter who calls them and what anybody offers,” (Schefter) he said '

Its either leverage or the Patriots are thinking long term. Emotions aside and if the Pats think JG is the next starter for New England then in 2017 lmao ... it sounds funny to even type this.. but they could possibly trade Brady. I don't think thats going to happen but at this point I wouldn't rule anything out. The repercussions of trading Brady might be to much of a PR hit and alot of average football guys will revolt at this notion. Until JG starts lighting it up and putting up 35-40 TD's and 8 INTs then people would come around lol.. however if the Pats traded Brady away and JG got hurt or flopped that would be catastrophic for Belichicks legacy.

I have heard these things.. if they hold any merit, its impossible to say. There are 2 factors also at play. Does BB want to show everyone that he can win without Brady in his final years? Win another Super Bowl with another QB? Or does he want to keep Brady and basically retire around the same time Brady retires?

Its either leverage or the Patriots are thinking long term. Emotions aside and if the Pats think JG is the next starter for New England then in 2017 lmao ... it sounds funny to even type this.. but they could possibly trade Brady. I don't think thats going to happen but at this point I wouldn't rule anything out. The repercussions of trading Brady might be to much of a PR hit and alot of average football guys will revolt at this notion. Until JG starts lighting it up and putting up 35-40 TD's and 8 INTs then people would come around lol.. however if the Pats traded Brady away and JG got hurt or flopped that would be catastrophic for Belichicks legacy.

I have heard these things.. if they hold any merit, its impossible to say. There are 2 factors also at play. Does BB want to show everyone that he can win without Brady in his final years? Win another Super Bowl with another QB? Or does he want to keep Brady and basically retire around the same time Brady retires?

I like how you carefully worded that landmine. hahahaha

To me it's this, you keep the GOAT as long as he is playing at or close to his GOAT level. Even if JG is the next Aaron Rodgers that still only nets you 1 SB unless Brady wins another one.

Trade, release, bench Brady and you may lose another possible SB opportunity.

Keep or start JG and you may get another shot at a SB possibility. Young won one. Aaron won one. What's the freaking difference?

You go with what you know and not what you think is possible. If JG can land you a high first round pick you take it.

I like how you carefully worded that landmine. hahahaha

To me it's this, you keep the GOAT as long as he is playing at or close to his GOAT level. Even if JG is the next Aaron Rodgers that still only nets you 1 SB unless Brady wins another one.

Trade, release, bench Brady and you may lose another possible SB opportunity.

Keep or start JG and you may get another shot at a SB possibility. Young won one. Aaron won one. What's the freaking difference?

You go with what you know and not what you think is possible. If JG can land you a high first round pick you take it.

True but Rodgers doesn't have Belichick. Although I think Brady and Belichick compliment each other so well. Brady remains humble and keeps working hard or harder year in and year out.

Schefter is an idiot. I'm tired of these "they will trade JG" then "they won't trade JG"

I hope it is 12, 33 and the first next year for JG

I can see number 12, 56 and their first rounder in 2018

Realistically as soon as #12 is involved you can forget any future first round pick from the Browns.

If you really want one for 2018 (and I do) I'd be happy about 33, 56 and next year's first conditionally where it downgrades to a 2nd if Jimmy doesn't reach whatever goal (10 games played, blah).

With a draft so deep I'd rather have multiple additional picks in the top 50 than a #12 where it's not clear how easy it will be to trade down from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back