PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Release Ryan Allen - Jake Bailey is the new punter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean we dont live in a perfect world where every kicker but Gost is right down the middle and every tight end but Dwayne Allen catches 30 balls for 400 yards.

Come on.....

Last edited:
although Gost's kicks still make it through most of the time, they don't look too good going through.

Thank you for making my point about the problem being in the imaginations of the posters, rather than being anything statistically real and worth being worried about.

I'll steal a line from Mike Holley on NBCSN last evening: When Ghost misses a kick the last couple of seasons are you surprised? At least to me, an interesting question. My answer to the question is "No.". And for many years it was "Yes "

Thank you for making my point about the problem being in the imaginations of the posters, rather than being anything statistically real and worth being worried about.
Au contraire, I think I made my point.

I am not trying to get into arguments here. Gost gives me heart attacks. He doesn't give them to others. It's all good.

I am not trying to get into arguments here. Gost gives me heart attacks. He doesn't give them to others. It's all good.
And the point is that no other kickers give any of their fans heart attacks....right?

Which is 100% the point.

You didn't make any point beyond your feels, based upon your imagination. That's fine. I wasn't attacking you. I was noting that your reasoning is based upon just those feels, and not the actual reality and numbers, which is something I'd posted about earlier, with regards to the more general "anti-Gost" crowd. If you want to be nervous for no reason beyond your imagination, that's fine by me. If you want to complain about Gost because of emotional arguments that don't match reality, that's a different story.

I guess that is what happens when you have an automatic kicker for so long. When reality sets in and he is just an excellent kicker some people cant handle it.

And by Automatic Kicker I dont mean AV.

Nothing is ever going to be good enough for some of the posters here.
Your problem is that you post at a 90% success rate. And your posts don’t go booming down the middle, but barely sneak through the uprights. That’s why we’re drafting your replacement.

Your problem is that you post at a 90% success rate. And your posts don’t go booming down the middle, but barely sneak through the uprights. That’s why we’re drafting your replacement.

I hear ya I hear ya. Gettin old I guess...

You didn't make any point beyond your feels, based upon your imagination. That's fine. I wasn't attacking you. I was noting that your reasoning is based upon just those feels, and not the actual reality and numbers, which is something I'd posted about earlier, with regards to the more general "anti-Gost" crowd. If you want to be nervous for no reason beyond your imagination, that's fine by me. If you want to complain about Gost because of emotional arguments that don't match reality, that's a different story.
Ah, no. There are other posters who agree with me that Gost's kicks don't look as good as they used to, even when they make it. Someone else even posted a statistic (was that you, Deus?) showing that Gost is near the bottom of the barrel in EPs missed (ironic as it was BB who pushed to make EPs more challenging). I agree it's only one point, and it only matters when it matters, but sometimes it matters.

I guess that is what happens when you have an automatic kicker for so long. When reality sets in and he is just an excellent kicker some people cant handle it.

And by Automatic Kicker I dont mean AV.
I think Justin Tucker is the only automatic kicker in the league right now and he tends to get 1 or 2 kicks blocked every season it appears. I wonder if there's something to it.

I think Justin Tucker is the only automatic kicker in the league right now and he tends to get 1 or 2 kicks blocked every season it appears. I wonder if there's something to it.
Hmmmm not sure.

I wonder if his fans cry like ****ies though,

Ah, no. There are other posters who agree with me that Gost's kicks don't look as good as they used to, even when they make it. Someone else even posted a statistic (was that you, Deus?) showing that Gost is near the bottom of the barrel in EPs missed (ironic as it was BB who pushed to make EPs more challenging). I agree it's only one point, and it only matters when it matters, but sometimes it matters.

For the last time, since you're still arguing silliness:

It doesn't matter how you FEEL the kicks look compared to the good old days in your mind. It matters how the success rate is. Nobody who's being rational is going to give a **** about how often the kick is 3 inches/feet/yards left of center, as long as they're still going through the uprights, because margin for error is why the goalposts are as wide as they are. And Brady's comment about having Gost kick the FG in the SB last year should be more than enough for people such as yourself, and the rest of the feelings gang, to figure that out.

But, you can still pretend that your feels over what you think are uglier attempts than what your mind remembers from the early days should have some weight. That's great. Enjoy the empowerment. I'm done trying to point out the glaringly obvious, to the willfully blind, on this subject.

2018 extra points percentage ...
abde3d542ceb4aacb23dfe4fa8fb8ea5.png

2018 extra points percentage ...
abde3d542ceb4aacb23dfe4fa8fb8ea5.png
Zuma, does this say Gost - last year - was one tenth of a percent away from being the 4th most accurate XP kicker in the NFL?

Zuma, does this say Gost - last year - was one tenth of a percent away from being the 4th most accurate XP kicker in the NFL?

Yes Sir

Prater and Lutz for sure.
Hmmmm,

Ghost played 1 game in a dome last year.

Gost attempted 50 XP last year. The kickers with higher % XP ahead of him:

Lutz - plays in a dome. attempted 53 and is only one tenth of a % better.
Carlson - played at least half of his season in a dome. only 24 attempts last year.
Prater - Plays in a dome. 30 attempts last year
McManus - no dome. 35 attempts last year.

For the last time, since you're still arguing silliness:

It doesn't matter how you FEEL the kicks look compared to the good old days in your mind. It matters how the success rate is. Nobody who's being rational is going to give a **** about how often the kick is 3 inches/feet/yards left of center, as long as they're still going through the uprights, because margin for error is why the goalposts are as wide as they are. And Brady's comment about having Gost kick the FG in the SB last year should be more than enough for people such as yourself, and the rest of the feelings gang, to figure that out.

But, you can still pretend that your feels over what you think are uglier attempts than what your mind remembers from the early days should have some weight. That's great. Enjoy the empowerment. I'm done trying to point out the glaringly obvious, to the willfully blind, on this subject.
I can SEE the kicks don't look as good Deus, just as I can SEE you are on your high horse again. Nobody who's being rational is going to argue that repeated kicks that just squeak through the goal posts might lead to more that squeak the other way. But you go ahead and enjoy your empowerment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots