PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats new kicker is Mike Nugent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methusaleh Nugent??? I remember him kicking for the Jets. Wow, they got someone actually older than the Ghost.

Would've been funny if the Colts hadn't talked Vinny out of retirement a couple of weeks ago...........(that would've been a media circus rivaled only by the two weeks of AB!).

Maybe I'm thinking of another Jets kicker, but isn't this guy known for missing crucial kicks?

Methusaleh Nugent??? I remember him kicking in the 1990's

Haha he's old but he's not that old. You must be thinking of Ted...

Last edited:
One area that I think Gost was underrated was in his kickoffs. He was able to get a lot of them into the end zone this year. Will be interesting to see if Bailey takes over in that department.

One area that I think Gost was underrated was in his kickoffs. He was able to get a lot of them into the end zone this year. Will be interesting to see if Bailey takes over in that department.

I think there's a good chance Bailey does take over considering there were faint rumors he was challenging Gostkowski for the job straight up.

Good enough for now. They've got the other guys in the rolodex if this doesn't work out. Not going to be a weapon by any means, but hopefully can chip in the easy ones so long as Brady gets them in the red zone.

The Nuge!?

Anothet bad decision by BB. He has lost it...

From what I remember of the former 2nd round pick he has a big leg but not super accurate.

From what I remember of the former 2nd round pick he has a big leg but not super accurate.

well, he has made 17 of 20 kicks last 2 years.

Weak at 50+ but we don't do a lot of those ...
Good enough accuracy otherwise ...
Expect one of the other kickers to perhaps make our practice squad.

Be careful what you wish for?

I would've gone with Forbath, but I didn't see this kicking competition.

Small sample size but better than I assumed it would be.

For reference (and an even smaller sample size), he only played 3 games last year. But went 6 for 6 with a long of 52.

Weak at 50+ but we don't do a lot of those ...
Good enough accuracy otherwise ...
Expect one of the other kickers to perhaps make our practice squad.

You got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back