PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats new kicker is Mike Nugent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironic that the last time Ghost was Ir'd the Pat's signed a former Bengals kicker as well...

Surprised we didn’t go with Forbath.

Younger, stronger leg for kickoffs (maybe?), and seemed a bit sharper than Nugent.

But ultimately I’m not making those decisions - maybe they liked Nugent’s experience.

But ultimately I’m not making those decisions...

Are they being made above your paygrade or do you just not get input on ST signings?

2nd time a charm? the last former raider didnt worked out

This is what I wanted all along. I don't get why teams gave up on him so fast when other kickers have long, uninspiring careers (like Nugent).

Are they being made above your paygrade or do you just not get input on ST signings?

Both!

I’ll patiently await the day that BB and Caserio call a digital marketing associate for input on personnel decisions.

Not holding my breath.

This is what I wanted all along. I don't get why teams gave up on him so fast when other kickers have long, uninspiring careers (like Nugent).
What's his deal? Talented kicker that didn't handle the pressure of the NFL well?

Since turning 30 years old (he's currently 37), Mike Nugent is 77.2% from 40-49 yards, 47.1% from 50+ yards.

Mike Nugent is an average kicker. I am genuinely surprised that Belichick chose Nugent over Forbath. I guess Forbath severely underperformed during tryouts.

Nugent has mostly kicked around the 80-85% mark over his career.

Meh. Nothing great but I’ll take it.

One area that I think Gost was underrated was in his kickoffs. He was able to get a lot of them into the end zone this year. Will be interesting to see if Bailey takes over in that department.

Gost can kick it out of the end zone every kick if he wanted. More often than not, because of the new kickoff rules, he is purposely kicking it to right at the goal line, forcing the returner to make a decision to catch and run or let it go into the end zone.

The people ragging on Gost since last season are going to absolutely love Nugent.

Both!

I’ll patiently await the day that BB and Caserio call a digital marketing associate for input on personnel decisions.

Not holding my breath.

Thank you for the clarification :D
And the sense of humor, which apparently escaped at least one safespace dweller ;)

I remember when Nugent was kicking for the cardinals, then again that was 10 years ago. We got Koo if Nugent cant deliver.

Gost can kick it out of the end zone every kick if he wanted. More often than not, because of the new kickoff rules, he is purposely kicking it to right at the goal line, forcing the returner to make a decision to catch and run or let it go into the end zone.

often this wasn't very smart as our kick off coverage is bad and suddenly the opponent starts at the 37.

One area that I think Gost was underrated was in his kickoffs. He was able to get a lot of them into the end zone this year. Will be interesting to see if Bailey takes over in that department.

Agreed. I remember when Ghost was out for the year (2012?) we had Shayne Graham and this was a noticeable difference and not a good one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back