PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats interested in Saints WR Brandin Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB's a smart guy. As TB gets into his 40's he's going to lose more zip so go out and get receivers who can get separation.

Sure - - he played the Terry Glenn 5 game season before getting ****canned by a team that got better by his substraction and then went on a roll.

He is every bit the Super Champion with the Seahawks that Glenn was for the Patriots in 2001.

Does anyone even remember he was ON that team? :p

Of course, he's the answer to a fun trivia question..........Who caught Tom Brady's first career touchdown pass?

Trust me, I'm not trying to build up Harvin anymore than he should be, but the fact remains he did win a Super Bowl so to say that he didn't is just factually inaccurate. (More than Glenn, Harvin was on the team during the Super Bowl and scored a TD.)

More smoke - Ginn signs for Saints

Do you think Valentine and a 1st or Brown Malcom straight up would get it done?
I think either with a #32 would get it done. Im not sure SP even trust the defnsive scouts anymore, but he knows that BB picks great defensive players.
I mean Titans #18 should have sealed the deal, with maybe 1 guy to improve special teams, but that didnt happen, and the turn down was quick. So my thinking is SP already has a place in mind. Im positive its not the NFC. He has time to wait and see what gets put on the table.
But Saints and Patriots have have traded guys back and forth alot. 2 1st round picts would really improve are depth on the DL, but I think SP is shooting for 3 good defensive players. One being a guy he knows is good.
He wants someone on the Pats D. Im not sure who, but these guys talk all the time so its not a hostile environment when they deal players. I hope its not Jimmy lol because I dont think BB would ever trade Cooks for Jimmy lol. Thats a pipe dream. Its possible this will all be settled on draft day. I do think that ether of those would be deal closer. So BB must have said no way.

There is absolutely no way I would give anything more than Butler, and even in that case I think the Saints are getting a great deal. The Patriots can handle adding production at receiver with no problem, the Saints aren't getting a player like Butler anywhere else than the draft and that's if they hit a homerun with the pick. If they swap Cooks for Butler they still have #11 and could add Foster and fill two huge holes. If they think they will get anything more than Butler it simply isn't happening.

The Patriots with Butler and Gilmore will be outstanding.

There is absolutely no way I would give anything more than Butler, and even in that case I think the Saints are getting a great deal. The Patriots can handle adding production at receiver with no problem, the Saints aren't getting a player like Butler anywhere else than the draft and that's if they hit a homerun with the pick. If they swap Cooks for Butler they still have #11 and could add Foster and fill two huge holes. If they think they will get anything more than Butler it simply isn't happening.
Yeah I agree, maybe BB turned down the butler deal at 1st but called SP when the Titans offered #18 and told him not to do it. Strait Butler for Cooks might be what SP was looking for.

I think either with a #32 would get it done. Im not sure SP even trust the defnsive scouts anymore, but he knows that BB picks great defensive players.
I mean Titans #18 should have sealed the deal, with maybe 1 guy to improve special teams, but that didnt happen, and the turn down was quick. So my thinking is SP already has a place in mind. Im positive its not the NFC. He has time to wait and see what gets put on the table.
But Saints and Patriots have have traded guys back and forth alot. 2 1st round picts would really improve are depth on the DL, but I think SP is shooting for 3 good defensive players. One being a guy he knows is good.
He wants someone on the Pats D. Im not sure who, but these guys talk all the time so its not a hostile environment when they deal players. I hope its not Jimmy lol because I dont think BB would ever trade Cooks for Jimmy lol. Thats a pipe dream. Its possible this will all be settled on draft day. I do think that ether of those would be deal closer. So BB must have said no way.

Pherein

You shut yo mouth!

Don't make me say it again......

You will take what we give you and be happy for it.

Yeah I agree, maybe BB turned down the butler deal at 1st but called SP when the Titans offered #18 and told him not to do it. Strait Butler for Cooks might be what SP was looking for.

That's more like it.

Pherein

You shut yo mouth!

Don't make me say it again......

You will take what we give you and be happy for it.
We Aints have been doing that for 45 years lol........ errrrrr ok Sir
Cooks for someone on your practice squad ?

We Aints have been doing that for 45 years lol........ errrrrr ok Sir
Cooks for someone on your practice squad ?

Now you're talkin'. But not one of our good ones.

Fixed that for you.

BB always keeps folks guessing, but iirc he has never ever used a 1st rnder either in draft or in trade for a wr. Why now?
Because yes please.

Going to lock this thread as there is another thread discussing the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes