PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats hire Ben McAdoo as Sr. Offensive Assistant

Or, worst case scenario, if two QBs go in the first two picks, and McAdoo says the guy left ISN'T a guy, you take Alt or MHJ and grab a flyer on a guy later. If he's actually as good an evaluator as this indicates, his value could be in knowing who NOT to pick, as much as it is who to pick.
Or trade down, draft is deep at OL TE and WR.
After the top tier QBs and after the Nix and Pennix we are looking at The Joe Milton’s.
Terrifying.
I wonder hear Mcadoo thinks of Justin Fields.

Or trade down, draft is deep at OL TE and WR.
After the top tier QBs and after the Nix and Pennix we are looking at The Joe Milton’s.
Terrifying.
I wonder hear Mcadoo thinks of Justin Fields.
If draft is deep why would anyone want to trade up? Take the HOF potential WR if your QB isn't there

Will the chicken littles who have been bashing most of the Mayo/Wolf coaching hires dismiss this report, because it does not fit their narrative?
They are pretty much just aimlessly bashing, almost like they some of them are rooting for Mayo to fail for some bizarre reason.

But overall I think Wolfe/Mayo are off to a decent enough start. A week ago we were hearing that it’s the end of the world, no one wants to come here, get McDaniels on the phone, E-P is here to stay. Now that we’ve made several competent hires they aren’t sure what to do with themselves.

QB evaluation is the highest-leverage thing we need right now. They have to decide whether to trade up, stay put and take what's left or go scrounging in later rounds and/or sign a veteran. Making the right decision now largely determines the future of the franchise.

And having some serious experience in the building to go with our very young coaching staff is a definite plus.

Last edited:
I am excited that Mayo is bringing in experienced coaches on the offensive side of the ball. Sounds like McAdoo is a very good QB evaluator which is what we need if we pick a QB at #3.

I am excited that Mayo is bringing in experienced coaches on the offensive side of the ball. Sounds like McAdoo is a very good QB evaluator which is what we need if we pick a QB at #3.
Sounds like he can evaluate more than just QB. We have some WRs who need evaluating, OLs and TEs, too. I like the sound of him working with AVP and Wolfe to really reshape the whole offense.

Sounds like he can evaluate more than just QB. We have some WRs who need evaluating, OLs and TEs, too. I like the sound of him working with AVP and Wolfe to really reshape the whole offense.
His proven spot has been the QB.

“Just a lot of footwork stuff, mechanic stuff in the drop,’’ Manning said of how McAdoo improved his performance. “Or how do I put my feet up to get a shotgun snap. It’s all about getting in rhythm with the offense and certain throws with the drop. Hit that third step and the ball’s coming out.

He was a train wreck as a HC (in the Joe Judge category) so does not give me positive tingles. That said hopefully it works out.

I like the sounds of the Wolf-McAdoo-VanPelt trio reshaping the offensive personnel and play calling. They worked together before and obviously wanted to get back together now. Behind the scenes it sounds like Wolf has been the guide on building this offensive staff for Mayo, and he probably also wants McAdoo's advice for the draft.

On the defensive side, I'm concerned about losing both BB and SB. Those are big shoes to fill.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back