PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have 2 Open Roster spots.. What to do

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Devin McCourty's retirement was officially processed.

Justus Tavai was released.

Where do you think the Pats will add players?

They are at least 2 short in WR department even if you count Cunningham there..

Devin McCourty's retirement was officially processed.

Justus Tavai was released.

Where do you think the Pats will add players?
Maybe wrong place to ask? You seem very knowledgeable about this kind of ****. What are the cap ramifications of DMac being moved to reserve list, if any? I thought I remembered reading something last year that the Pats will take a cap hit in the neighborhood of 6M when he retires due to pushed back money or something to that effect? Am I just remembering wrong? I’m assuming doing it after June 1st helped alleviate the hit in some way? Thanks!

Sign Brady and Moss

Maybe wrong place to ask? You seem very knowledgeable about this kind of ****. What are the cap ramifications of DMac being moved to reserve list, if any? I thought I remembered reading something last year that the Pats will take a cap hit in the neighborhood of 6M when he retires due to pushed back money or something to that effect? Am I just remembering wrong? I’m assuming doing it after June 1st helped alleviate the hit in some way? Thanks!

Because he didn't retire until after June 1st, the cap hit is split between this year and next. They Pats actually gain like 1.1M or so in cap space, though this kinda disappears right now because of the Top 51 rule with the next person being moved up..

Because he didn't retire until after June 1st, the cap hit is split between this year and next. They Pats actually gain like 1.1M or so in cap space, though this kinda disappears right now because of the Top 51 rule with the next person being moved up..
Awesome. TY!

My suggestion: keep them open until high summer two-a-days, and then have mandatory participation by Patsfans posters who use words like "trash", "bum", "waste", snowflake", etc. to describe guys trying to make it as pro players.

I would guess Hopkins wants to get paid and thats not the Pats style.

Besides, they have Parker, Boutee, Throrton and Bourne. JuJu. Gesicki is going to require targets. Montgomery can catch too.

I would guess Hopkins wants to get paid and thats not the Pats style.

Besides, they have Parker, Boutee, Throrton and Bourne. JuJu. Gesicki is going to require targets. Montgomery can catch too.

There is zero cap risk to cutting Parker, which probably makes his contract even tradable, but this is the situation Bill lets a veteran decide where he wants to go.

It won't be Parker plus Hopkins. That saves 6 million cap.

Which means still two open spots, that I think Bill leaves for rotating players he might want to take a peek at.

Ed Lee URI is in the house !

There is zero cap risk to cutting Parker, which probably makes his contract even tradable, but this is the situation Bill lets a veteran decide where he wants to go.

It won't be Parker plus Hopkins. That saves 6 million cap.

Which means still two open spots, that I think Bill leaves for rotating players he might want to take a peek at.
D-Hop vs Parker not even close Parker can't even consistently separate in his dreams. D-Hop unlike Parker would be a perfect fit here with his skill set and catch radius.

2022 wasn't bad...

3051dee000edaa8f2b5e26c676acb074.png

2f3414164ab98103cfedc74a7eb8e305.png

D-Hop vs Parker not even close Parker can't even consistently separate in his dreams. D-Hop unlike Parker would be a perfect fit here with his skill set and catch radius.
giphy.gif

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back