PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats feel good about Stidham's offseason so far

I do remember the rumblings about his 2020 offseason being more about partying than leading voluntary workouts with teammates, so this does seem to be an improvement.

He's probably still not an NFL QB.

I am still rooting for the guy. The best case scenario for us would for him to be develop into a legit starter and put Cam on the bench. I realize it is a pipe dream given Bill's loyalty to Cam but that would be the ideal situation. Then still draft someone high this year and develop him behind Stidham.

“There is a pretty good feeling about what Jarrett Stidham has done over the course of this offseason,” NFL Network’s Mike Giardi said on the air earlier this week. “They like sort of his demeanor right now, they feel like there’s a bit more urgency to his operation, if you will. He’s the one who organized the workouts on the West Coast earlier this offseason. Maybe Jarrett Stidham is saying, ‘I’m not done just yet; this isn’t Cam’s job just yet.’”
------
I don't know if this report really matches the article headline.

Even if it did, maybe there are possible trade partners out there and they're talking him up. Can't hurt.

Last edited:
I am still rooting for the guy. The best case scenario for us would for him to be develop into a legit starter and put Cam on the bench. I realize it is a pipe dream given Bill's loyalty to Cam but that would be the ideal situation. Then still draft someone high this year and develop him behind Stidham.
I agree Cam will be benched for sure. But I really think they'll go with the rookie or with another bridge they get through a trade.

Based on all the evidence we have, it seems to me that starting Stidham would be punting on another season. After the moves in FA and especially after watching Brady tear it up last season with his new team I don't think Bill has any interest in doing that.

Me neither. He'd be part of a deal as a throw in/sweetner
I can't imagine you'd get much for a 25 year old who has shown no progression or development to date, but can't hurt to try. I am sure they'd like to talk him up for that reason. I don't know if this report is really doing that though. Still seems kinda tepid.

I agree Cam will be benched for sure. But I really think they'll go with the rookie or with another bridge they get through a trade.

Based on all the evidence we have, it seems to me that starting Stidham would be punting on another season. After the moves in FA and especially after watching Brady tear it up last season with his new team I don't think Bill has any interest in doing that.
Oh, I forgot, it's not about building a sustainable team in New England, it's about being butt hurt about Brady.

Oh, I forgot, it's not about building a sustainable team in New England, it's about being butt hurt about Brady.
Starting Jarrett Stidham would not be building a sustainable team. It would be giving the job to someone who has done nothing to date to earn it.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back