PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fans as Naive as Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want the NFL to change, you have to stop watching games and buying merch. This might be hard. But if you're unwilling to do it, you really need to temper your expectations.

Consumer advocacy isn't going to get you very far, either. This is one of the false promises of capitalism, that an individual can change things by voting with their wallet or changing their consumption habits.

One forum member started an online campaign with a hashtag to take on the NFL. That might be fairly minor, but it's more than a single person withdrawing their spending from NFL products. Frankly, the best way to get the NFL is to support the NFLPA and other employees (coaches, referees) in any labor action, since that's money coming right out of ownership's pocket.

I know I should boycott the league (Patriots and all) outright. For a while this offseason, I was convinced that I was going to. As the season approaches though, I can't do it. I'm too far in on Belichick and Brady. Once they're gone, I'm out. I realize that the NFL won't get "the message" at that point, but oh well. As long as they're not getting my money at that point, I don't really care if they know why.

Well, to be fair and complete, they also tried to take away his QB this time. They just got stopped by the court system.
Yeah they went for the kill but BB would have pulled a rabbit out of the hat with Jimmy G and more creative coaching. That's the fun I know its a corrupt league but BB knows it too and fights the power.

I enjoy football. I will not penalize myself to make some type of political statement that no one will hear. That is the true way to let this crap hurt you.
Good change of heart

Yeah they went for the kill but BB would have pulled a rabbit out of the hat with Jimmy G and more creative coaching. That's the fun I know its a corrupt league but BB knows it too and fights the power.

Jimmy G + this group = missed playoffs
TFB + this group = SB contender

The league has figured that out.

Not a change of heart
I thought back in May when the Wells report hysteria hit its peak you were saying you were done supporting the NFL and done with it all together once Brady and BB retire. Maybe I'm mistaken since many were saying this back in May but I just remembered having that argument with you at some point. Granted I had that debate with many others and also many still do feel this way about the whole thing.

Regardless the point is still relevant though. I feel like it's useless to give up my passion for football just to make a statement. The NFL would only be taking away much more from me in that case.

Your guess is as good as mine. Because it certainly isn't me.

I don't watch or read bspn other than if an intriguing CFB game or the Pats game is on. All the stuff I get from them is posted on here or r/Patriots

Not sure how i'm supporting the nfl by watching only Pats games. I'm not a Nielsen Rating Household, so even if I watched other games not involving the Pats my view doesn't count. So even when Bill and Tom are gone I could still watch the Patriots and as long as i'm not a Nielsen Household i'm technically not supporting anything.

I haven't bought anything Pats related in a couple years other than a hoodie (in '13) and 3 Games to Glory.

Is Nielsen still a thing? I figured digital cable would have eradicated it.

Yeah, I don't quite understand the need for this thread. I agree ESPN is better avoided, but how is it possible to support the Patriots without also supporting the league?

BTW, this is why I asked in another thread if 3GTG4 was worth breaking my rule on limited investment in the NFL. Since I didn't get a response there, would you mind sharing your thoughts?

Regardless the point is still relevant though. I feel like it's useless to give up my passion for football just to make a statement. The NFL would only be taking away much more from me in that case.

If it's all about a passion for football, there's non-NFL football all over the place.

If it's all about a passion for football, there's non-NFL football all over the place.
But they simply aren't the same. And I'm not watching the CFL

Then don't hide behind the nonsense about a "passion for football", because that's not the truth.

You are willing to sacrifice principles in order to watch the NFL. Don't gloss it over. Admit it.

Then don't hide behind the nonsense about a "passion for football", because that's not the truth.

You are willing to sacrifice principles in order to watch the NFL. Don't gloss it over. Admit it.
Huh? Well that's an interesting conclusion. Never said I don't enjoy other forms of football. High School, college. You name it.

Huh? Well that's an interesting conclusion. Never said I don't enjoy other forms of football. High School, college. You name it.

Call it what you want, but here's exactly what you said:

Again, the reality is that you're willing to toss your principles rather than miss the NFL. That's on your conscience. Just don't lie about it. That insults the intelligence of everyone you speak/write your denial to.

And, for the record, I acknowledge that I'm compromising my principles for as long as Brady's still with the Patriots. I should already have walked away, the way I walked away from MLB the moment they took away the World Series.

Call it what you want, but here's exactly what you said:

Again, the reality is that you're willing to toss your principles rather than miss the NFL. That's on your conscience. Just don't lie about it. That insults the intelligence of everyone you speak/write your denial to.

And, for the record, I acknowledge that I'm compromising my principles for as long as Brady's still with the Patriots. I should already have walked away, the way I walked away from MLB the moment they took away the World Series.
I'm not saying I won't watch them. That's where you are misinterpreting me. I'm just saying the way the game is played, which differs in every league, none are the same how in how it is played as the NFL.

I would normally say that I don't understand why you're making a big deal of what I'm saying, but I know you're Deus. This is what you do, you find problems with everything. It's cool.

I'm not saying I won't watch them. That's where you are misinterpreting me. I'm just saying the way the game is played, which differs in every league, none are the same how in how it is played as the NFL.

I would normally say that I don't understand why you're making a big deal of what I'm saying, but I know you're Deus. This is what you do, you find problems with everything. It's cool.

Ahh... the personal attack in response to an honest post, as a tool of avoidance. How unusual.

Ahh... the personal attack in response to an honest post, as a tool of avoidance. How unusual.
That was personal huh? What am I really avoiding here? I addressed it.

That was personal huh? What am I really avoiding here? I addressed it.

Yes, the shot at me where you actually referenced my 'name' was, by definition, personal. As for what you're avoiding, I've already noted it. We're done here. I'm tired of dealing with people such as yourself. You bring nothing to the table.

Yes, the shot at me where you actually referenced my 'name' was, by definition, personal. As for what you're avoiding, I've already noted it. We're done here. I'm tired of dealing with people such as yourself. You bring nothing to the table.
Okay then meaning I don't bait you enough to have a long pointless argument with? Fine by me. You have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes