PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats extend Tavai - 2 Years

I think Tavai has all the physical attributes needed - speed, strength, agility. The basics. Where I see him falling short is over/under pursuit. It's like he gets too aggressive and puts himself in a bad position. He needs to learn to reign in his motor and process the play better.

Last edited:
According to PFF, he's the 10th heaviest LB in the league among those who have played significant snaps. He, Bentley and Collins all show up as top-20 bin weight (hence slower).
BB likes the heavier LBs and then plays more safeties.

Would love to see Tavai slam Josh Allen the runner like that I can dream can't I?? :)
Well, maybe he will - if he is unblocked, like on the play Lazar tweeted.

I‘m down with this signing. He has his moments, inexpensive, versatile enough.

It's not a big contract, so it's not a big deal. He's the early down MLB with Bentley.

He's a solid LBer. I'd rather spend money on DBs and Dlinemen than LBers so locking him up for cheap for a few years is good.

For the investment I like our group of linebackers. Even Wilson who I found frustrating early in the season has stepped up his game.

He's a solid LBer. I'd rather spend money on DBs and Dlinemen than LBers so locking him up for cheap for a few years is good.

For the investment I like our group of linebackers. Even Wilson who I found frustrating early in the season has stepped up his game.

McMillian too......

How is McGrone doing in practices? Can we hope for something in 2023?

2.2 million a year, that's high end back up or low end starter money. Sounds about right he's a guy I hope is on the bench cuz you have better but it's not the end of the world if he's playing 20-30 snaps a game.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back