PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats bring in two vets for visits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler at 3.9 mil, a first rounder and a 3rd rounder for a more expensive **** Sherman? That seems like a lot to give up for not that much of a gain. Not to mention the cost at CB with him and Gilmore.

Also, with Rowe and Gilmore, we have 2 fairly tall CBs. we don't play seattle style and I wonder if sherman would even be better than average in our defense.

Also, with Rowe and Gilmore, we have 2 fairly tall CBs. we don't play seattle style and I wonder if sherman would even be better than average in our defense.

I'm just thinking out loud here.

Butler and Sherman are two different type of CB's. Sherman is long and likes to play over the top. Butler is short and quick and plays shade technique or underneath.

Gillmore is similar to Sherman so signing Sherman would seem to be redundant and trading Butler to get Sherman would seem to be giving up his underneath dynamic.

Anyways I thinking keeping Butler makes the secondary more dimensional than with Sherman.

OL always interests me. Anyone know anything about this Fusco guy?

From our draft board..

The closest measurables from this year's draft - Bolles and Dawkins.
Drafting in FA continues?

BTW - his 3-cone (7.29) would be best @Combine this year (ex aequo w Bolles) and his SS (4.43) best of all..

Red flag - concussion history (two times in protocol in 2016, missed 2 games)

I think Fusco's just a RG-only type at this stage of his career, and we already have Ted Karras for that role.
Still, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have him as some Mongo insurance/competition, as long as the contract is close to the one-year, non-guaranteed vet minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back