PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats, Bolts, Colts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more scared of SD than of Indy, just because now we have the offensive weapons to match and the defense to beat Indy. SD however, though I feel their defense is a tad overrated, has LT and Gates and would be a much tougehr opponent in a shootout.

Last edited:
The Baltimore F-ing Ravens - couldn't. scare me. LESS.

That play DOES fall on Marty shoulders- it's called situational football, something Belichick excels in.

Okay, then I'm retroactively blaming Belichick for the team standing around on the lateral/fumble against GB in 2002. Good call! Belichick stinks!

I can't believe how many people dismiss Denver as a hugely dangerous opponent. Besides them being a bit of a headache generally for the Pats, Shanny's a good coach, Cutler's bound to be better, Walker has a year in their system under his belt (and is another year removed from injury), and they had, aside from the deaths of some players, a GREAT off-season. Wake up, folks - they're tough.

If we face Denvah in the playoffs, don't tell me folks won't be worried. Shanahan has proven he knows how to deconstruct a BB designed team.
With the off season Denver's had why arn't they up here also. They seem to be getting over looked.Not just here but in general.

Last edited:
I can't believe how many people dismiss Denver as a hugely dangerous opponent. Besides them being a bit of a headache generally for the Pats, Shanny's a good coach, Cutler's bound to be better, Walker has a year in their system under his belt (and is another year removed from injury), and they had, aside from the deaths of some players, a GREAT off-season. Wake up, folks - they're tough.

The Broncos have our number and would worry me more than any other opponent come play off time. I just don't see them winning their division and I think Cutler will need another year or two.

The Broncos have our number and would worry me more than any other opponent come play off time. I just don't see them winning their division and I think Cutler will need another year or two.
Jeez, I don't know. They improved a lot over the off-season, doing it llike the Patriots, with smart veteran signings. I see them as our biggest foe, with some team coming out of nowhere as #2 foe, and one of Colts-Chargers-Steelers, probably the Steelers as #3.

Suppose the Pats lost Teddy Vrabes and Jr. Ad they needed AD outside Whay would you think of their prospects?

The Bolts have lost their two starting ILBs and have no proven starters there and everyone just says they still have the best Team

Phooei!!

Suppose the Pats lost Teddy Vrabes and Jr. Ad they needed AD outside Whay would you think of their prospects?

The Bolts have lost their two starting ILBs and have no proven starters there and everyone just says they still have the best Team

Phooei!!

You make a good point about losing their LBs. Donnie Edwards did a hell of a job for them. He played real good against us in the play off game too.

Jeez, I don't know. They improved a lot over the off-season, doing it llike the Patriots, with smart veteran signings. I see them as our biggest foe, with some team coming out of nowhere as #2 foe, and one of Colts-Chargers-Steelers, probably the Steelers as #3.

Cross the Steelers off your list. There will be nothing left of them when the Ravens beat the living tar out of them again this year. Baltimore brutalized them last year. I have a friend who is a die hard Steelers fans and he is hoping for 8-8 this year. The issues for the Steelers are; new coach, new offensive philosophy(more passing), Ike Taylor can't cover anyone and will Hines Ward stay healthy.

agree...PIT does not look like a contender...imho BAL and CIN are better

but, again, in the NFL 'never say never', as we know

Cross the Steelers off your list. There will be nothing left of them when the Ravens beat the living tar out of them again this year. Baltimore brutalized them last year. I have a friend who is a die hard Steelers fans and he is hoping for 8-8 this year. The issues for the Steelers are; new coach, new offensive philosophy(more passing), Ike Taylor can't cover anyone and will Hines Ward stay healthy.

Never cared that much for Rothlisberger(sp) and not sure how he would do in an offense that favored "more passing".. just a humble opinion, but he relied on a great D and a pretty good running game. We also have witnessed the impact of a new O coordinator, so the adjustment is gonna be huge along with a new coach. Coach Chin did an excellent job, so now that they have lost him it will be a huge adjustment for this team. But as Italian Patriot, in the NFL you "never say never"...

As for Pittsburgh, I pretty much agree with what is being said. They will not be contenders this year. Faneca is unhappy, how good is Roth. really?, Tomlin is trying to win over a team that loved Cowher and upset that the nest man in line wasn't Wisenhunt. Changing not just the offensive philosophy but trying to impleent the 4-3 into a 3-4 defensive team, etc., etc.

I just don't see them any better than 9-7 this year.

Rothlisberger(sp)...

I think it's supposed to be Rottenberger or Worthlessberger or Hamburglar or something like that. . . . :D

The Chargers have a great collection of talent, but an entire coaching overhaul is HUGE. The Colts, on the other hand, have a HoF QB. Maybe it's simplistic, but I worry more about the Colts. 3 years of utter failure against them also has something to do with that.

The Baltimore F-ing Ravens - couldn't. scare me. LESS.

Well said. Baltimore could make the superbowl out of the NFC, but is not good enough to beat two of NE, Indy, and SD. If it were '00, '01, or '02 this Baltimore team would be right in it. The '07 AFC competition is simply way too good.

We have years of failure vs Denver too. Plus, Denver has upgraded both O and D. Their big question mark is Cutler.

H'mmm...

Jets will be tough again this season.
Buffalo has some questions with the new personnel, but I like their potential to be a trap game for any contender.
Miami has Aqua on their side, buh-bye!

Baltimore - second tier, tough, but inconsistent.
Cincinnati - Carson's arm, brain-stunned team
Pittsburgh has crap for brains at QB.
Cleveburgh has been Savaged.

Denver needs that 2nd year QB to be great, trouble is he is starting to get enough game tape out there for the DCs to test him.
San Diego may be top three, but I have my doubts.
Kansas City makes me long for Herm in NYC every dang day. :(
Oakland, rookie, rookie, ookie.

Indy remains the Pats' greatest rival.
Jacksonville may bounce back after flopping last season.
Tennessee shot themselves in the foot.
Houston still needs an O-line.

Boxster's book for 2007:

1st tier elite: Pats, Indy
2nd tier threats: NYJ, Denver, San Diego, Baltimore
Spoilers: Jacksonville, Buffalo, Cincy
I stepped in it again: Tennessee, Pittsburgh, KC, Cleveland, Houston
:rofl: Oakland, Miami

Jax is a team i am not able to predict...

i really do not know wich kind of season they could have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back