PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats, Bolts, Colts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos scare the bajezas out of me if Cutler comes through.

I believe the only way NE can possibly beat Denver is if Cutler becomes a sophomore legend and is so hyped-up going into a playoff matchup with the Pats that nobody picks NE and we have the "no respect" card back in our possession.

I don't fear the Broncos, I fear the Pats when they are playing the Broncos. Our boys look totally out of sync against Denver.

i feel the same

I think some of you folks forget calls that Marty the coach made like on 4th down

I think some of you folks forget calls that Marty the coach made like on 4th down

Nope, just remembering the wondrous teams Norv has developed as a HC.

With Norv, I don't think the Chargers get to 14-2 and the bye last year.

Nope, just remembering the wondrous teams Norv has developed as a HC.

With Norv, I don't think the Chargers get to 14-2 and the bye last year.

BB himself with Brady at QB failed to repeat 14-2 and the bye

As to SD's coaching defections, it's addition by subtraction.
No question that Martyball calls cost them the game.

Or subtraction by addition depending on whether you think his 40% winning average (58-82) is just an abberration.

With hardly any playoff record to speak of its tough to say what he'll do under pressure... but since he's not done that well under the pressure of the regular season I question how much better he'll get in the post-season.

everybody is putting those 3 teams at the top...

between SD and INDY wich team do you consider more 'dangerous' potentially for us ?

personally i put the Chargers

the game we will have against them, imho, will be a real test

yr opinion ?

and who could be another dangerous opponent ? a team that could arrive till the end ? DEN ? BAL ? CIN ?
Until we beat the Colts again. It's the Colts. I am also more concerned about Denver before SD. For some reason they've always had our #!

Until we beat the Colts again. It's the Colts. I am also more concerned about Denver before SD. For some reason they've always had our #!

that's correct, still SD looks stronger (imho) then DEN

however i respect the Broncos too

for me they are now the n.4 team in the AFC

1) Pats - of course

2) Colts - they have the best player in football

3) Bolts - they have no wide receivers

4) Ravens - over the hill QB

That they have, but i don't think they will this year. Last year their defense really didn't perform in the second half and if that continues into the next year, then they are a lot less threatening. i think they fired that coordinator. This year they have lost a cornerback (rip) and a high quality linebacker. their defensive line has a lot of competition going into tc, but know one besides sam adams looks too threatening.
Note that it was their defense last year that beat us, not the offense.

As for the offense, they could get something nice going with a nice running game and pass protection to make cutler look pretty good. but if they are to be a threat as a whole, it comes down to the inexperienced quarterback. They will not have a dominant defense (but still decent), and they will have a solid running game as always. But they will go as far as cutler, which will be limiting. If he needs to make a come-from-behind win in the fourth quarter by throwing the ball around, then he will struggle (interceptions). Especially if that's in the playoffs.

Last edited:
an hypothetical play-off game between DEN and NE could be decided WHERE will be playied...

the home field advantage in that case could be crucial

That they have, but i don't think they will this year. Last year their defense really didn't perform in the second half and if that continues into the next year, then they are a lot less threatening. i think they fired that coordinator. This year they have lost a cornerback (rip) and a high quality linebacker. their defensive line has a lot of competition going into tc, but know one besides sam adams looks too threatening.
Note that it was their defense last year that beat us, not the offense.

As for the offense, they could get something nice going with a nice running game and pass protection to make cutler look pretty good. but if they are to be a threat as a whole, it comes down to the inexperienced quarterback. They will not have a dominant defense (but still decent), and they will have a solid running game as always. But they will go as far as cutler, which will be limiting. If he needs to make a come-from-behind win in the fourth quarter by throwing the ball around, then he will struggle. Especially if that's in the playoffs.
For the past few years, that's what everyone has been saying about us! I just have to add that I truly despise the Donkos, but I just think that after a disappointing end of the season and a top-notch coach like Shanahan that, barring injuries, they will take the West this year. It also depends on what Cutler does this year. Is he a stud or a dud?

For the past few years, that's what everyone has been saying about us! I just have to add that I truly despise the Donkos, but I just think that after a disappointing end of the season and a top-notch coach like Shanahan that, barring injuries, they will take the West this year. It also depends on what Cutler does this year. Is he a stud or a dud?

we'll have a good idea how good they are after the first five weeks. They play Buffalo, Oakland, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, and then San Diego respectively. The games get progressively harder. If they beat the Colts and/or San Diego, then they may be troublesome. If they struggle against the earlier teams...yippee

Marty cost them the game but then they selected another butthead coach.

That being said, SD is the scariest because even with a crappy QB and crappy coaching, they dominated us.

I fear LT and their offensive line the most. Their defense doesn't scare me so much, especially this year.

That being said, if we're healthy when we play them, and Vrabel and Colvin are coverin the edge instead of Banta-Cain, we'll have a lot more success containing LT this time around.

My big question for this season: will the real Patriots fans at Foxboro finally takeover from the wine-sipping crowd and give us a big homefield advantage?

My big question for this season: will the real Patriots fans at Foxboro finally takeover from the wine-sipping crowd and give us a big homefield advantage?

well said - i would love the Gillette will be much more loud then today's too

1) Pats - of course

2) Colts - they have the best player in football

3) Bolts - they have no wide receivers

4) Ravens - over the hill QB

And if the Ravens surpass either SD or Indy, I for one will not be surprised.

anyway 'on the paper' it looks that there are minimum 5 AFC teams 'better' then the 1st NFC team...

anyway 'on the paper' it looks that there are minimum 5 AFC teams 'better' then the 1st NFC team...

the afc is so much stronger that...

the afc divisional playoffs are like the the championship games
the afc championship game is like the the superbowl
and the superbowl is more of a formality

Last edited:
infortunately another reason it is still tough to forget the Indy loss last year...only a first down...

anyway, correct...the AFC looks much more stronger and some other AFC teams looks very competitive and quite good (Nyj and Cin for example)

on the NFC probably only NO is quite ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back