PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats acquire OL Jermaine Eluemunor from Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Froholdt was always a developmental prospect for 2020 and beyond. And he wouldn't get through waivers anyway as the Jets are drooling over this dude.

So how does having him as the backup C work, if he's a development project at G? Not seeing it. It's a hard position to learn and that's why I think keeping Ferentz is the first option. But I'm not sure even Dante knows right now.

So how does having him as the backup C work, if he's a development project at G? Not seeing it. It's a hard position to learn and that's why I think keeping Ferentz is the first option. But I'm not sure even Dante knows right now.
I would argue even though he is a developmental prospect, he is a better C or G than Ferentz right now who has no room to grow.

It's not like he's Stephen Neal who was a wrestler.

He played G and C in college.

I would argue even though he is a developmental prospect, he is a better C or G than Ferentz right now who has no room to grow.

Has he ever played C n the NFL? It's not college. I don't know how you could say he is better than anyone at C.

I’m predisposed to like Ferentz because his father once coached at our State university. But, he’s way too limited athletically to hold up if forced into extended playing time. He’s a passable backup, but, if he became the starter because of injury, teams would start to gameplan to take advantage of him.

OLinemen are a lot like Cornerbacks in that you cannot hide a bad one.

4th rounder seems awfully pricey.

4th rounder seems awfully pricey.
For a 4th plus getting a 6th back. Equivalent of trading for a 5th but they don’t have a 5th to trade.

Well, he's a lock for the 53.

That's terrible.

Bill & Nick clearly over-paid for this guy...and for Cunningham yesterday.

...And we still don't have a veteran backup C/G...or a TE...

Won’t seem pricey when that 6th becomes a 2032 1st round pick.

That's terrible.

Bill & Nick clearly over-paid for this guy...and for Cunningham yesterday.

...And we still don't have a veteran backup C/G...or a TE...
Yeah, I'm not sure why they're so high on him. Just last year, Eluemenor was cut mid-season by the Ravens and didn't get claimed (he was later re-signed).

Sounds like he's right out of a Tolkien book.

1st round pick

2nd round pick

3rd round pick
3rd round pick - Compensatory
3rd round pick - Compensatory

4th round pick = Jermaine Eluemunor
4th round pick (via Bears)

6th round pick (via Ravens)
6th round pick = Korey Cunningham
6th round pick - Compensatory
6th round pick - Compensatory

7th round pick
7th round pick (via Eagles)
7th round pick (via Falcons)

Yeah, I'm not sure why they're so high on him. Just last year, Eluemenor was cut mid-season by the Ravens and didn't get claimed (he was later re-signed).
Let's hope it's a Brown 2.0. I thought that was an overpay and it worked out well.

The sheer number of picks next year is hilarious. If you're bored you can simulate a full draft for next year at ontheclock. You just run out of areas of need in the 6th round, and then you shrug and draft a kicker and a fullback just because, and you still have three more picks to go.

Has he ever played C n the NFL? It's not college. I don't know how you could say he is better than anyone at C.

Ferentz is 30 years and never started a game. He has 3 years of experience. I don't think he has a lot upside.

The sheer number of picks next year is hilarious. If you're bored you can simulate a full draft for next year at ontheclock. You just run out of areas of need in the 6th round, and then you shrug and draft a kicker and a fullback just because, and you still have three more picks to go.
I would package the three 6ths and try to get a 4th, and then maybe trade that for a future 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back