PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 2014 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I think that this Pats edition is looking to be one of BB's strongest squads ever, the AFCE is getting stronger. I could see another team busting out into winning territory, or merely that all becoming even more competitive.

Last season the AFCE posted the third best out of division record and produced three .500 or better clubs. Even though the Pats were 4 games better than both the Jets and Phish. I could see the Bills getting to .500 or better, were it not for the unsettled ownership and location issue.

Week 1: at Dolphins -- Sept. 7, 1 p.m. - WIN
Week 2: at Vikings -- Sept. 14, 1 p.m. - WIN
Week 3: vs. Raiders -- Sept. 21, 1 p.m. - WIN
Week 4: at Chiefs -- Sept. 29, 8:30 p.m. (MNF) - LOSS
Week 5: vs. Bengals -- Oct. 5, 8:30 p.m. (SNF) - WIN
Week 6: at Bills -- Oct. 12, 1 p.m. - WIN
Week 7: vs. Jets -- Oct. 16, 8:25 p.m. (TNF) - WIN
Week 8: vs. Bears -- Oct. 26, 1 p.m. (FOX) - WIN
Week 9: vs. Broncos -- Nov. 2, 4:25 p.m. - WIN
Week 10: Bye week
Week 11: at Colts -- Nov. 16, 8:30 p.m. (SNF) - WIN
Week 12: vs. Lions -- Nov. 23, 1 p.m. (FOX) - LOSS
Week 13: at Packers -- Nov. 30, 4:25 p.m. - WIN
Week 14: at Chargers -- Dec. 7, 8:30 p.m. (SNF) - WIN
Week 15: vs. Dolphins -- Dec. 14, 1 p.m. - LOSS
Week 16: at Jets -- Dec. 21, 1 p.m. - WIN
Week 17: vs. Bills -- Dec. 28, 1 p.m. - WIN

That's my attempt.

Although I think that this Pats edition is looking to be one of BB's strongest squads ever, the AFCE is getting stronger. I could see another team busting out into winning territory, or merely that all becoming even more competitive.

Last season the AFCE posted the third best out of division record and produced three .500 or better clubs. Even though the Pats were 4 games better than both the Jets and Phish. I could see the Bills getting to .500 or better, were it not for the unsettled ownership and location issue.

While I don't believe that we're in any real danger for the AFCE title just yet, I do agree with you that the division itself seems to be improving, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see a WC team come from our division this year.

NFLN just figured the Pats at 11-5 ... which means absolutely zip. (Losses to Bears, Cheeves, New Jersey, Colts and Miami late.)

NFLN just figured the Pats at 11-5 ... which means absolutely zip. (Losses to Bears, Cheeves, New Jersey, Colts and Miami late.)

So they think the Pats will beat the Fins in the early season south Florida heat, but Miami will beat the Patriots in Foxborough in December?

Huh?

While I understand that past performance does not guarantee future results, it may be worth noting that the Dolphins have won two games in Foxborough since 2001, with only one of those victories not coming in September - and Matt Cassell was the starting quarterback both times. One was the Ronnie Brown Wildcat game, and the other was the Doug Flutie dropkick game.

So they think the Pats will beat the Fins in the early season south Florida heat, but Miami will beat the Patriots in Foxborough in December?

Huh?

While I understand that past performance does not guarantee future results, it may be worth noting that the Dolphins have won two games in Foxborough since 2001, with only one of those victories not coming in September - and Matt Cassell was the starting quarterback both times. One was the Ronnie Brown Wildcat game, and the other was the Doug Flutie dropkick game.
And the Flutie dropkick game was lost intentionally.

That's my attempt.

I like it. 13-3 with a couple of stumbles against teams they may be overlooking or looking past (Packers.) It's interesting to look at this schedule through a lens we haven't used in a long time - a team that has the best pass defense in the NFL if the big fellas up the middle hold up.

Some of these teams (Broncos, Lions, Colts, Packers, maybe the Dolphins) have very dangerous passing attacks, but against the Patriots secondary, and the extra time it gives the guys up front to get to the passer, we'll see what those teams can do. Two years ago, I'd put five losses on that pre-season list with the disaster in the secondary the Patriots ran out there. No longer.

That's my attempt.

You have to be thinking 19-0 in the off season lol. 12-14 wins in the regular season seems possible right now. But hopefully the bad luck injury bug leaves this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes