PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots working on a contract with Jimmy G?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be honest I’m not very familiar with most of these guys who report on the team.
It's a crap shoot...I was just busting balls. Howe is not exactly the most reliable source, however he is a Pats beat writer. The opposite is Dale is not but is well respected (by all accounts I have read) and well connected within the Boston organization's. So who knows.

If the plan is to transition to a rookie (fields/Jones) midseason I see no point in giving up additional draft capital (since I’m assuming we’re already dealing future picks to acquire either of those 2 rooks) for a month of Jimmy. Cam can be that guy.
Jimmy gives you the opportunity to win with him if he can stay healthy. Newton doesn’t give you that.

Jimmy gives you the opportunity to win with him if he can stay healthy. Newton doesn’t give you that.
Big IF on the health. And we’re talking a handful of games and a day 2 pick for Jimmy? in addition to the picks given up already to acquire a fields. That’s a lot of draft capital to pull a fitz to tua type scenario when we can just do that with Cam to fields saving a draft pick in the process. As bad as it was last year we still won 7 with Cam. With an improved roster + coaching I think we can stay afloat with Cam until the switch is made. And I agree that Jimmy>Cam but if the plan is to eventually turn to the rook this season I don’t see the point in trading for a transitional placeholder. Drafting Lance would change my stance as by most accounts he’s going to take this season to sit and learn to hopefully be ready by 2022.

It is dale Arnold. Not happening

Big IF on the health. And we’re talking a handful of games and a day 2 pick for Jimmy? in addition to the picks given up already to acquire a fields. That’s a lot of draft capital to pull a fitz to tua type scenario when we can just do that with Cam to fields saving a draft pick in the process. As bad as it was last year we still won 7 with Cam. With an improved roster + coaching I think we can stay afloat with Cam until the switch is made. And I agree that Jimmy>Cam but if the plan is to eventually turn to the rook this season I don’t see the point in trading for a transitional placeholder. Drafting Lance would change my stance as by most accounts he’s going to take this season to sit and learn to hopefully be ready by 2022.
I don’t disagree.

I’ll be honest I’m not very familiar with most of these guys who report on the team.
Other than guys who are popular nationally like Curran and Reiss, they all meld together for me.

I hope it happens. I think that with all the moves in fA, it makes sense. Before the splurge, I’d have accepted Jimmy, but been less into the move. Now ? I can see him finding the TEs and loving life.

No he is not coming home.

get it done!!

Wouldn't mind it for a couple midround 22 picks. 3rd and a 6th

Can jimmy pass a physical in order to complete the trade?

Whoever gets Jimmy G better have a good backup QB in place because he is injury prone. I am glad it wouldn’t be the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes