PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS WILDCARD WEEKEND 12/24: BENGALS @ PATRIOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not true. Wining out would guarantee we get in…
We’re currently tied with the jets and one game back of the dolphins, with another dolphins matchup remaining. If we win that we’ll have a better division record than them and will have the tiebreaker.
Go 3-0 and we’re in. Go 2-1 and we have a chance.
I have to be honest, at this point it's likely we'll go 0-3 , Tampa Bay had the Bengals down big yesterday and they came right back. Even though Miami lost Waddle was torching tredevoius white, and Buffalo I won't even discuss!!

If the Patriots finish the season 0-3 then that will be a 1-6 finish to the season to go with last year's 1-4 debacle.

Doubtful Kraft fires BB but that really should get any HC fired no matter who it is along with the rest of his staff.

If the Patriots finish the season 0-3 then that will be a 1-6 finish to the season to go with last year's 1-4 debacle.

Doubtful Kraft fires BB but that really should get any HC fired no matter who it is along with the rest of his staff.
As we know BBs got so much positive equity built up.. all be it with #12 ar QB.

I don't want BB fired of course. However this season was just a waste..

Lol , if you look at things. This season needed to happen the way it's been. I feel that ownership, with being pulled from prime time slots, likely missing the playoffs after at least Making it last season.. just how bad we are offensively.

I'd like to ask what is more likely Making the post season? Or serious changes being made coaching and roster related?

I think changes are more likely, but also the two aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive. If we were to somehow win a couple more games and squeak into the playoffs with the offense playing the same way, there would still be changes on the offensive side next year. It’s obvious it needs to happen and if bb won’t do it on his own I doubt kraft leaves him with a chiice. I just think its too late to make any big changes for this season.

If players have been talking about lack of accountability then I think there is a big problem in the locker room. I think we'll see a lot of turnover this offseason.

This team is giving me 2009 vibes.

If players have been talking about lack of accountability then I think there is a big problem in the locker room. I think we'll see a lot of turnover this offseason.

I haven't heard that - who's talking, is there an article somewhere?

Itll be interesting to see how the team performs coming off that disaster. Its the type of loss that can break a locker room that was weak. Or they could rally. Im not expecting wins but if we can at least be competitive against these teams thats at least a good sign for the team vibe heading into next year. Though regardless there is lots of work to do

If we had avoided one of the biggest collapses in the last 27 years of Pats football, we'd all be talking playoffs.
But that's fools gold anyway. There's no way we're winning even 1 of the last 3 games. So, may as well pop the bubble now and use these last 3 to evaluate who is worth re-signing or re-building with next year. If BB was realistic, he'd also quietly test Caley or T.Brown as playcaller, since this season is buried.

I think changes are more likely, but also the two aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive. If we were to somehow win a couple more games and squeak into the playoffs with the offense playing the same way, there would still be changes on the offensive side next year. It’s obvious it needs to happen and if bb won’t do it on his own I doubt kraft leaves him with a chiice. I just think its too late to make any big changes for this season.
Yes, BB said that himself that it's to late to make changes. The thing that really is hard to swallow, is a 7-7 or a under 500 team will be in the post season , based on them being a devision leader.

We can all agree it's safe to assume turnover is on the horizon

Pats are now eliminated from the AFC East race and the site says they have a 12% chance to make the playoffs.

A win over the Bengals boosts that to 25%. A loss would drop them to 5%.

This is interesting too

The Pats cannot be eliminated from the playoffs this weekend but there are scenarios that will eliminate them from all but the #7 seed if they lose.

So both of their top two edge rushers should be out, as Hendrickson is still dealing with the broken wrist.

Itll be interesting to see how the team performs coming off that disaster. Its the type of loss that can break a locker room that was weak. Or they could rally. Im not expecting wins but if we can at least be competitive against these teams thats at least a good sign for the team vibe heading into next year. Though regardless there is lots of work to do

Bengles are gonna shredded this defense..

If we had avoided one of the biggest collapses in the last 27 years of Pats football, we'd all be talking playoffs.
But that's fools gold anyway. There's no way we're winning even 1 of the last 3 games. So, may as well pop the bubble now and use these last 3 to evaluate who is worth re-signing or re-building with next year. If BB was realistic, he'd also quietly test Caley or T.Brown as playcaller, since this season is buried.
The one person, that no one's thinking about that I'd be very interested in as maybe a play caller of some sort going through next season is Brian hoyer.

Hey if Jeff Saturday can become a head coach then Kraft should have no issues with hoyer if he chooses to retire and become part of the coaching staff.

He would be the ideal person that no one is talking about. Plus he and Mac have a great relationship from reports.

The Bungles struggled immensely against a garbage team with zero talent on their entire roster yesterday.

Meanwhile, we are coming off what is essentially a victory that was stolen from us via a fixed result by an official whose family was held at gunpoint by a man who had millions of dollars on the Raiders.

Very winnable game here.

The one person, that no one's thinking about that I'd be very interested in as maybe a play caller of some sort going through next season is Brian hoyer.

Hey if Jeff Saturday can become a head coach then Kraft should have no issues with hoyer if he chooses to retire and become part of the coaching staff.

He would be the ideal person that no one is talking about. Plus he and Mac have a great relationship from reports.

hoyer should retire yeah and an ideal qb coach candidate. Kingsbury is a terrible hc but i feel like hed make a good oc. Bill obrien is there too. Anyone who… does offense lol

And making changes to the QB position and OC. But Belichick won’t.
It's funny, during the 2020 season we had more optimistic views of this team and getting back to play off contenders. Becuase we knew all the factors the tea. Had dealt with.

This was supposed to be the "growth " year for Mac and the offense. This was supposed to be the year players make the jump in the patriots system.

All in all this season was lost in training camp.

Go Lions! (A better coached team with a much better QB.)

Goff > Burrow? Goff's having a good bounce-back season, but I don't think he's in the Burrow / Allen / Herbert level... And I am obviously very happy he & the rest of the Loins hung-on to best the J-E-T-E, but still...

EDIT: Or did you mean that Goff > Corky? in that case I whole-heartedly agree.

Last edited:
hoyer should retire yeah and an ideal qb coach candidate. Kingsbury is a terrible hc but i feel like hed make a good oc. Bill obrien is there too. Anyone who… does offense lol
Lol that's right! Billy O. I was pointing out to my man triumph who's a poster on here that under Billy O gronk became gronk! He and Hernandez were awesome that season! But yes I'd keep a close eye on that scenario with hoyer..

Why does it feel like the season is over already lol

The Bungles struggled immensely against a garbage team with zero talent on their entire roster yesterday.

Meanwhile, we are coming off what is essentially a victory that was stolen from us via a fixed result by an official whose family was held at gunpoint by a man who had millions of dollars on the Raiders.

Very winnable game here.
Those burners on the outside are formidable! Higgins, chase, then Mixon out the backfield... this team scores on 2 plays..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes