PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots using Wi-Fi to keep fans in seats at Gillette Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this season I have to admit the wifi is working better than last year. Also the new game day app is pretty good.

I like the app too, but more for days when I'm not at the stadium, you get news like game day inactives etc sent to the phone but when I've been at the stadium I found I couldn't do anything with the app, the wifi sucks, as many here have already noted.

In my experience the WIFI at Gillette still stinks. You have to use 3G if you have it or you can't get a signal. And the way I see if the line for the bathroom is long is to go down and look! As an experienced Gilletter, I find that the bathrooms (at least the ladies rooms) in the middle of the concourse have less of a line than those on the ends. Also, common sense, don't go to the bathroom at half time when everyone leaves their seats. One last tip, go to the restroom on your way to your seat so you don't have to get up later. There are no lines at the start of the game.

There - I'm doing my part to keep you in your seats, even without the WIFI signal!!

This!

And the last couple times I've been to the game I've been in the NA section. At first I thought this was a bad thing, but there is plenty of time to drink beer before the game and if you don't drink during there are a lot of advantages: Less bathroom breaks, better post game recall and it's much cheaper. The last game I went to (Saints, what a game!) I spent $4 inside the stadium for an order of fries. That's much better than the $40ish I would have probably spent on 4-5 beers between me and the wife had I been able to.

Wifi was poor at my seat. I complained and they opened a ticket with their tech department and its been improved. not perfect but much improved

This!

And the last couple times I've been to the game I've been in the NA section. At first I thought this was a bad thing, but there is plenty of time to drink beer before the game and if you don't drink during there are a lot of advantages: Less bathroom breaks, better post game recall and it's much cheaper. The last game I went to (Saints, what a game!) I spent $4 inside the stadium for an order of fries. That's much better than the $40ish I would have probably spent on 4-5 beers between me and the wife had I been able to.

LOL, I almost never buy anything once I am inside the stadium nor do I leave my seat during games, although as I get older I find sometimes I can't make it to the end of the game without a bathroom break. Sigh....

I tried to use the Patriots game day app for the instant replay feature several times at the Steelers game and I never got one to show up. It worked OK for most else.

LOL, I almost never buy anything once I am inside the stadium nor do I leave my seat during games, although as I get older I find sometimes I can't make it to the end of the game without a bathroom break. Sigh....

I will usually buy 1-2 beers, depending on the game intensity.

I agree the Red Zone channel video will not work inside the stadium. The wifi is not good enough. I tried a few times at half time and got it to work for about 10 seconds before it froze.

I hope this works, because I'm getting tired of all the empty seats and television blackouts at Gillette during the Brady era.

how many of the red seats are occupied at kickoff of either half? 15%?

During the Broncos game the red seats were completely empty at half time. There were finally people back in them half way thru the 3rd quarter.

During the Broncos game the red seats were completely empty at half time. There were finally people back in them half way thru the 3rd quarter.

It was friggin cold at that game. If I had access to the club, you can bet I would have been in it!!

Agreed. But it makes the stadium much quieter when both of those sections are empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case