Patriots using Wi-Fi to keep fans in seats at Gillette Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots using Wi-Fi to keep fans in seats at Gillette Stadium
By: John Morgan

Along with the Wi-Fi network, the Patriots developed a mobile app called Patriots Game Day Live, available to anyone attending a game at Gillette Stadium. That will include live play-by-play, bathroom wait times, a tool for ordering concessions from your ...

Sounds cool, but in addition to all the fancy upgrades, I hope they upgraded their signal. Wifi was spotty at best last season at Gillette.

Sounds cool, but in addition to all the fancy upgrades, I hope they upgraded their signal. Wifi was spotty at best last season at Gillette.

I was hoping for improvement when I go on 9/22.

They're going to install this at Parkhead aswell. Seems like a life rule that internet signal in sports stadiums suck.

If you want to keep fans in their seats at Gillette, wouldn't duct tape work better than WI-FI?

Tell me when they have beer taps at every seat...then come talk to me .......

The wifi has always been very unreliable. They were touting it last year as a major upgrade but it is very spotty. Not sure how reliable this app is going to be. My seats are in one of the sections that are going to be a pilot for the concession ordering.

Yeah, WiFi. Let the reporter try writing that article using it (lol). He'd have better luck with two cardboard cups and a string.

I hope this works, because I'm getting tired of all the empty seats and television blackouts at Gillette during the Brady era.

I hope this works, because I'm getting tired of all the empty seats and television blackouts at Gillette during the Brady era.

It won't. Unless the WiFi has improved from last year, it's not usable. It's awful.

So far this season I have to admit the wifi is working better than last year. Also the new game day app is pretty good.

The Wi-Fi has been pretty much worthless imo

These must truly be the End Times for NFL football if a winning franchise perpetually competitive and in contention for the SB with a GOAT candidate at the most visible position of all, QB, can't keep folks in their seats, all is sliding downhill.

Anyone know how the measure the wait at the bathrooms? Might be the most pointless feature, always just assume there will be a 10min wait and you'll be all set. I did use the wifi at the stadium this year and it was not bad. Both games I used it the connection was fine.

Anyone know how the measure the wait at the bathrooms? Might be the most pointless feature, always just assume there will be a 10min wait and you'll be all set. I did use the wifi at the stadium this year and it was not bad. Both games I used it the connection was fine.

Try watching the red zone on your phone, not that great of a connection.

In my experience the WIFI at Gillette still stinks. You have to use 3G if you have it or you can't get a signal. And the way I see if the line for the bathroom is long is to go down and look! As an experienced Gilletter, I find that the bathrooms (at least the ladies rooms) in the middle of the concourse have less of a line than those on the ends. Also, common sense, don't go to the bathroom at half time when everyone leaves their seats. One last tip, go to the restroom on your way to your seat so you don't have to get up later. There are no lines at the start of the game.

There - I'm doing my part to keep you in your seats, even without the WIFI signal!!

What they should do is show a lot more game replays. Including constant highlights on scores. I was at Lucas Oil and they're wifi is great, not so much at Gillette

In my experience the WIFI at Gillette still stinks. You have to use 3G if you have it or you can't get a signal. And the way I see if the line for the bathroom is long is to go down and look! As an experienced Gilletter, I find that the bathrooms (at least the ladies rooms) in the middle of the concourse have less of a line than those on the ends. Also, common sense, don't go to the bathroom at half time when everyone leaves their seats. One last tip, go to the restroom on your way to your seat so you don't have to get up later. There are no lines at the start of the game.

There - I'm doing my part to keep you in your seats, even without the WIFI signal!!

I thought it was due to a stadium of fans ... but it sucks at Revolution games also ... whatever they have there is not enough bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back