PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Uniforms

It's better - I absolutely DESPISE color rush - but I still prefer a lighter shade of blue; not quite as light as the early-90s blue, but certainly not as dark as what we've seen for the past 20 years...And of course the MetroElvis Must Go, to be replaced by Angry Pat...

And another thing: Just as there had been too little blue on the uniforms from 1960 through 1992, there has now been too little red on them since 2000...Don't know why this has to be so difficult...

The reason I don't like the current away jersey are the shoulder stripes. The red and dark blue are too muddled... Maybe if white piping was added to separate the red and blue it would work better... and on the dark blue home jersey, the stripes look too truncated... Just not a fan of the current look...

And another thing: Just as there had been too little blue on the uniforms from 1960 through 1992, there has now been too little red on them since 2000...Don't know why this has to be so difficult...
We've tried just about every combination of red, silver/white, and blue except the correct one.

I am one of the vocal minority here who likes the blue on blue. It’s not as intimidating a look as black on black (Ravens, Saints, Colorado Buffalos) but it has some of that effect, in my opinion.

Red should be the rush uniform...but instead of all fancified and ****...they should wear the 70's red and screw whatever the Commish says.

I must be the only one who likes the all-blue uniform look and is thankful those historically incorrect (loserville) red jerseys remain in the rear-view mirror.

I like the blues, but would like to see white pants paired with the home kit, and perhaps a white helmet in lieu of silver.

I liked the '94 ones better than 95 - 99. The latter were a little too 'flashy' always preferred the plain look of those

I like the blues, but would like to see white pants paired with the home kit, and perhaps a white helmet in lieu of silver.
White helmets never look right IMO. It's probably illusory but they always seem "oversized."

I’ve always wished they had those red pants in Madden, great look.

Pats should add 90’s blue throwbacks (and switch to the white throwbacks in a few years) and add a red alt.

I must be the only one who likes the all-blue uniform look and is thankful those historically incorrect (loserville) red jerseys remain in the rear-view mirror.

And return the red, white & blue stripe to the helmets too!
Bah. As a 27-year season ticket holder my opinion holds sway.

Self-RighteousMan.jpg

Don't blame the uniform. The red was good enough with Fairbanks, Meyers, Berry. Organization above the coach was the problem.
More specifically, Dreith, Tatum and Berry's mancrush on Eason were the major culprits.

But Kiam does take the cake in letting Flutie go. He had half a year to do what it took Trump three seconds to do. What a moron.

It's funny, "loserville" is exactly what comes to mind every single solitary time I see the team in the makeover since 1993, no matter how many Super Bowls we go to.

Don't know if it's intentional how you quote Orthwein there. Lots of people will be equally happy I suppose if the American flag is likewise put in the rear view mirror.

Sorry to bother you with facts, but the logo is historically accurate with an appropriate anachronistic sport specific pose. And the color scheme was established for 33 years. Um, were you in the stands on September 23, 1979? If so did you sit and stew while everyone else cheered our logo?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back