PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot's Uniform Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a pole. Maybe JG's bodacious babe could lend us one.

My vote is the red throwbacks if not only for fear of retaliation if I voted otherwise.
220px-Luca_Brasi.gif
"Hey, we're being reasonable...

Our jerseys can be colored red the way they always were since 1960,

or they can be covered in your blood, which is also red.

The choice is yours. Either way, we're good."

Mono color full time would be bad, but it’s a fun change up. Hope they wear the white color rush for a game or two, it’s a really fresh look.
0e7da8f0fdd540200b207c6c9367d9a1-original.jpg

Anybody honestly think they hate the Jets more than this guy?

[Edit] That totally looks like Darth Sidious' hand in Hog's face...

Last edited:
The only advantage that those white color-rush uniforms would give us, is that they would let us know in no uncertain way, how the O-Line was protecting Brady. If #12's uniform is still white, then the O-line is doing a great job. :)
Well, we're clearly protecting Steve very well here
quarterback-steve-grogan-of-the-new-england-patriots-hands-off-the-picture-id946811096

Um, that or this is the first offensive series of the day...

when you win 5 sbs the uniform should never be changed.
upload_2018-7-23_18-55-4.jpegagreeupload_2018-7-23_18-55-41.jpegagreeupload_2018-7-23_18-55-59.jpegagree
upload_2018-7-23_18-56-31.jpegWell, 3-for-4 is good in baseball...

Or just, add "unless like the other dynasties you had the same uniform since the early sixties which never should have been changed in the first place but was ruined anyway entirely by people who despise your franchise" caveat.

Screw the red throwbacks. They're historically incorrect and are readily equated with losing. Good riddance to 'em. OK -- anyone out there, retaliate if you so dare.
Um, so you're undecided?...Hedging, sounding a bit equivocal...

Need more time to think about it?

Look, I'm sorry, man.

Is James Orthwein your uncle or something?

When you survive the Sullivans and Kiam without getting moved long enough to end up with a dedicated local owner a little respect is in order for what real luck is all about. ;)

If APF doesn't make an appearance here before days end we may need to reach out and have @Ian use his ip address to get a wellness check done.
Meh, I'm okay.

Like they say, fans root for the laundry. They even took THAT away from us.

Meh, I'm okay.

Like they say, fans root for the laundry. They even took THAT away from us.
Maybe you should show your disapproval by not watching anymore or participating in anything Patriots related. Not posting here would be a good start.

Instead you just whine like a ****. If you ain't gonna do something to try to cause change then stop complaining about it.

Maybe you should show your disapproval by not watching anymore or participating in anything Patriots related. Not posting here would be a good start.

Instead you just whine like a ****. If you ain't gonna do something to try to cause change then stop complaining about it.
I started reaching out to ownership, yes, the Krafts directly, right after Super Bowl XLIX.

I've since spoken to and contacted players and administrators, both pre- and post-2000, for their opinions and information on this subject, and the selection process/committee for our team HOF.

I've always supported the Kraft Foundation and their ownership, and I've always said Robert is a nice man. But the significant amount of knowledge I've attained in the last few years has just corroborated what was pretty much evident in 1993, and since his purchase of the team.

Robert likes to say, "I'm the boss." He is. It's better to consider the Patriots "our" that is, "New England's" team. But that will never happen under this ownership. Kraft gleefully and exuberantly displaying and giving away blue jerseys to anyone and everyone he can get together with in front of a camera is a big hint.

I never stopped being a fan or watching...when we won in Buffalo a week before Christmas in 2000 I remember we felt it was encouraging, a positive step in the right direction for us. Winning is great, but just rooting for the team has always been the best part of Pats fandom.

This thread, and the handful of people explicitly requesting my input, kind of exonerates me for posting, but I'll try to stay on topic otherwise.

I will point out that none of my opinions are unique to myself. But the polls show that most posters here agree with you.

Not sure if you're joking or not. Tune was following my sarcastic fear of APF retaliating against anyone who'd desire anything other than the "old" unis. It's just having fun with APF's obsessive but humorous and sometimes enjoyable uniform rants.

Not sure if you're joking or not. Tune was following my sarcastic fear of APF retaliating against anyone who'd desire anything other than the "old" unis. It's just having fun with APF's obsessive but humorous and sometimes enjoyable uniform rants.

Of course I was joking. Tune and I are sympatico. In APF's absence I was just playfully taking up the gauntlet. Speaking of which, it was a relief to see him finally posting on 'his' thread. I was only half joking about the wellness check.

Of course I was joking. Tune and I are sympatico. In APF's absence I was just playfully taking up the gauntlet. Speaking of which, it was a relief to see him finally posting on 'his' thread. I was only half joking about the wellness check.

I was a little worried myself.

I was only half joking about the wellness check.
I was a little worried myself.
...so this morning, my doctor says, "'APF', even if by some miracle Mr. Kraft restored the Patriots' uniforms from the 70's, first, there's a real good chance he'll include those silly red pants; Second, you're still not going to go back to being a teenager. Do you understand?"

I told him, "Look, I respect your opinion, but let's just agree to disagree on this one, okay?"

"Mr. APF, I have a colleague who is an excellent psychologist; I think you-"

-"Is he a Patriots fan?"

"...Um, well, I'm not sure..."

"Thanks anyway, Doc...I'll be back for more blood work in October. And if it's colored blue, you know what to do."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back