PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Tuesday 11/21/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.

Well this just shows that Mac have a very and I say very Short leash going forward. We know how well Mac performs under pressure. :)
Dog Running GIF by Nickelodeon

Guessing we will start to see if this is a real competition or not today at practice.
Someone else said they’re calling BS on the whole idea of a competition from these practices. I think they’re buying time for Grier to give him a real audition and if all goes well eventually make him QB2 behind Mac with potential for more than that.

I think Mac sits against the Giants no matter what. Kid needs a reset.

Someone else said they’re calling BS on the whole idea of a competition from these practices. I think they’re buying time for Grier to give him a real audition and if all goes well eventually make him QB2 behind Mac with potential for more than that.

I think competition might not be accurate as there is way more information to go off of then just this week's practices but I don't think they are lying I think how each player responds in practice this week will be considered. If Mac responds to the likelihood of losing his job and has the best week that could tilt it back to him or if he goes the other way. If one of the back ups really responds and steps up that would be considered too. If either is enough to change Bill's mind on the decision he likely already knows is something only Bill could answer and that's not his style.

Who's paying you to think?? :)

I think competition might not be accurate as there is way more information to go off of then just this week's practices but I don't think they are lying I think how each player responds in practice this week will be considered. If Mac responds to the likelihood of losing his job and has the best week that could tilt it back to him or if he goes the other way. If one of the back ups really responds and steps up that would be considered too. If either is enough to change Bill's mind on the decision he likely already knows is something only Bill could answer and that's not his style.
Mac's good practices doesn't translate on Gamedays nuff said!

By law or performance he should sit but knowing this CS l hate to guess. :rolleyes:

I suspect Kraft told BB to give Mac a full season to prove himself in 2023, and if he did Bill would be given enough time to pass Shula and get it right regardless of outcome.

I believe this because I suspect Kraft wants Obie as headcoach going forward and knew he had to wait a full season until Obie was free from his Alabama obligations.

Kraft feels some guilt over Patricia being made coordinator because he told BB to figure it out until Obie became available… so he’s asked BB to give Mac a full season.

This is all well and good, but playing Mac at this point is a disservice to him. He’s a jellyfish, his confidence is shot. I don’t think BB cares because he knows his job is safe.

This is all guesswork by me based on the order of events and the organization seemingly lining up a succession plan going forward… could be wrong. We’ll see what happens this offseason.

I suspect Kraft told BB to give Mac a full season to prove himself in 2023, and if he did Bill would be given enough time to pass Shula and get it right regardless of outcome.

I believe this because I suspect Kraft wants Obie as headcoach going forward and knew he had to wait a full season until Obie was free from his Alabama obligations.

Kraft feels some guilt over Patricia being made coordinator because he told BB to figure it out for a season until Obie became available… so he asked BB to give Mac a full season.

This is all guesswork by me based on the order of events and the organization seemingly lining up a succession plan going forward… could be wrong. We’ll see what happens this offseason.
Mac Jones for the full season is worse than torture.

Torture GIF by SYFY

If Mac is seriously getting first team reps, they need to take off the red jersey.
I don't think we know who got first team reps today, practice just started.

If Mac is seriously getting first team reps, they need to take off the red jersey.
I think Bill is doing his usual mind games to have the Giants preparing for Mac

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back