PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily News Thread Patriots Tuesday 10/24/23

Daily news threads with relevant news, stories, video, or additional content around the team. Feel free to contribute anything interesting you come across as well, which will hopefully make these helpful for people to keep up with what's going on with the team by having all the news in one place.
It's a reasonable hope.
Kirk cousins has always seemingly been surrounded with weapons wherever he's played during his career. Absolutely agree if we can win in Miami then I think the team should go after someone.

Pay Onwenu to stay a few years as the right tackle of the future, make Sow the new right guard of the future. Strange is your left guard, hopefully Jake Andrews can take over for David Andrews in 1-2 years. Left tackle needs to be figured out but it is Brown for now and maybe you can keep him another 1-2 years, he shouldn't be that expensive. Pay him a little more next year than you did this year since he'll know he's the LT this time and he should be happy. Draft developmental tackles and see what you find.

At that point I think things could start to fall into place. Mac showed us yesterday that even against an aggressive defensive line, if the OL is good and picking things up and he trusts them, he will stand his ground. So build a good OL and you are moving in the right direction. A "true #1 WR" would be great but Mac will hit the open man quickly if they can protect for 2.5 seconds consistently. Maybe they can pony up for Mike Evans as a free agent. The cash is available.

Evans is interesting because he understood and performed well with TB12. He will be 31 next year so I am not sure BB will pay top dollar but maybe that is OK.

It took the national embarrassment from the media and that can put pressure on a team to make changes. Reagor is useful. Parker is a quitter. When he's not injured he does nothing on the field.

I am not sure Parker is a quitter, and I am not sure we should be insulting players. Parker is what he is, that limitation does make him a quitter IMO.

I am not sure Parker is a quitter, and I am not sure we should be insulting players. Parker is what he is, that limitation does make him a quitter IMO.
Being called quitter isn't neccessary an insult it's calling it what it is.. A HOF WR named Moss was often called a quitter when he was here at times. Does he fight to get open? Does he try to help Mac? Does he willingly block? I see none of it neither does the coaching staff is why his snap count is down. The guy who didn't get the contract in KB does nothing but make plays he doesn't quit! Just my opinion

Evans is interesting because he understood and performed well with TB12. He will be 31 next year so I am not sure BB will pay top dollar but maybe that is OK.
Evans is great.. but as u mentioned 31.. I'd rather pursue tee Higgins.

The issue is that a team would need to take on Parker's 2024 contract guarantees.

UNREASONABLE
Parker AND a player for a 5th

HOPEFUL
Parker for a 5th

MORE LIKELY
Parker for a 6th

PERHAPS
Parker and a 7th for a 6th
To me Parker has quit even Zo called it on the radio broadcast he has the best view in the house. So to me if a guy quits on top of not having accountability when your being paid to make plays then he must go. Some think it's an insult nope it's calling it what I see on the field.

Parker is what he is
How many of Mac's interceptions this year and last have been 50:50 balls to Parker? Certainly feels like a lot - for whatever reason, the
Mac->Parker connection seems to be missing something. Maybe it's not enough zip on the long balls. Parker historically has good stats despite not getting open.
Mac seems a better fit with receivers that get good separation - like Douglas.

How many of Mac's interceptions this year and last have been 50:50 balls to Parker? Certainly feels like a lot - for whatever reason, the
Mac->Parker connection seems to be missing something. Maybe it's not enough zip on the long balls. Parker historically has good stats despite not getting open.
We need a WR that stretches the field, and yes, can compete for 50-50's at the sideline, 30 yards downfield.

That is Parker's role, especially in games when we are behind. Keeping Parker is all about whether Thornton can take on that role.

Off of
IF Mac have a repeat performance like Sunday win or lose we have our QB for the future and just need to get him better weapons. BB is here for the long haul Coach those men up.
Off of another good game? I need to see much more from him to make that assessment. Example: throwing downfield. Or, composure under a pass rush. We don’t know how he will do with better weapons. There are great WRs in this league who have played with lesser QBs and been frustrated. Look at Davante Adams with the Raiders

Huh?? Not the washed up Parker we got. :rofl:
Ice Cube Reaction GIF

We really don’t know what we have. That has to do with having Patricia here and with Mac. No one here knows what we might have if another QB had this group. We might even have a dynamic set of WRs with Bourne, Thornton and Douglas

Every time I see Mac throw in Parkers direction I say this why??? :mad:
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Off of

Off of another good game? I need to see much more from him to make that assessment. Example: throwing downfield. Or, composure under a pass rush. We don’t know how he will do with better weapons. There are great WRs in this league who have played with lesser QBs and been frustrated. Look at Davante Adams with the Raiders
We Need BOB to design plays for T Thornton that's why we got him.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back