PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Wednesday August 24th

Saw lots of beat guys saying the offense looked pretty rough yesterday. Also said Davante Adams is uncoverable but that isn't a big shock.

Saw lots of beat guys saying the offense looked pretty rough yesterday. Also said Davante Adams is uncoverable but that isn't a big shock.
Yeah they had a rought practice. They finished strong though so hopefully that carries over to today

I fully recognize that Pats, more than most, will play very vanilla in joint practices - especially vs. a team they'll play that season... ESPECIALLY vs. an ex-Pats-coach who really wants to prove he can make it as a HC outside of BB's shadow.
However, the manhandling the Pats got in basic drills and scrimmages is not breeding any confidence. This team is very new on O, and the system is new for everyone including coaches, so it's not like they can flip a switch Week 1. The only hope - as was the last 2 years - is that the Defense can be a top 10 unit, and keep them in some games as they figure it out.

It is hot in Vegas, the Raiders were at home, their weapons are top notch.

Practice is for getting better, hopefully they rebound and show some fight today and going forward.

One of em was saying how out of all the joint practices he's been to during his time covering them (pun intended), he's the best. Which isnt unexpected per se, but still - had me jelly (before considering his contract lol)

Cannot afford any injuries at CB, OL & WR for the next 6 days... Depth is already waffer-thin as it is... But a few of these guys need reps too, so it's now become finger-crossing time... At least we shouldn't have to worry about the other HC tolerating/encouraging cheap-shots this week...

Interested in seeing whether Wynn is still wearing a red practice jersey...

Interested in seeing whether Wynn is still wearing a red practice jersey...

I thought he took that off yesterday? Pretty sure he did anyway.

EDIT: Confirmed, here's the post from yesterday's practice thread:

Cannot afford any injuries at CB, OL & WR for the next 6 days... Depth is already waffer-thin as it is... But a few of these guys need reps too, so it's now become finger-crossing time... At least we shouldn't have to worry about the other HC tolerating/encouraging cheap-shots this week...

Depth on this team is about as good as it gets in the NFL. We entered camp with huge doubts about anybody being able to play CB, and the quality of play for DT, OBL, and WR. There is depth in all of those positions we weren't expecting. Only OL and QB is there a depth issue.

Another joint practice against the Raiders today. We got down to 80 players yesterday. A lot going on and as always, we have you covered here!!!

Let's hope the Offense is a little sharper Today we've been practicing for a while now things should start clicking.

Depth on this team is about as good as it gets in the NFL. We entered camp with huge doubts about anybody being able to play CB, and the quality of play for DT, OBL, and WR. There is depth in all of those positions we weren't expecting. Only OL and QB is there a depth issue.
Agree about the depth. I'm not concerned about the QB depth because I believe in Zappe long term, but I hope they can trade some of their CB or WR depth to improve the o-line.

It has really troubled me that the offense hasn't been able to run the ball all training camp. If the Pats can't get the run game going I'm not sure they have enough to win games with Mac throwing the ball 40+ times. The offense will need balance by running the ball and right now I blame the O-line for the lack of a run game.

Not the best thing to hear regarding Trent Brown.

"That's what it sounds like to me, is a benching," Perry told host Tom E. Curran on a new episode of the Patriots Talk Podcast. "(Brown) didn't play in that preseason game, and my understanding since then is that the team was not happy with his effort level during the week against the Panthers.

"That's what I've come to learn, and they let him know that. I don't know if that led directly to him not playing, but put one and one together. Kendrick Bourne also missed that preseason game. Feels more disciplinary in nature."
Perry: Pats not happy with Trent Brown's effort in Panthers practices

Agree about the depth. I'm not concerned about the QB depth because I believe in Zappe long term, but I hope they can trade some of their CB or WR depth to improve the o-line.

It has really troubled me that the offense hasn't been able to run the ball all training camp. If the Pats can't get the run game going I'm not sure they have enough to win games with Mac throwing the ball 40+ times. The offense will need balance by running the ball and right now I blame the O-line for the lack of a run game.
The question becomes are they running this full speed. The Pats were a great running team last year. So I'm assuming that they are using practice to work on the ZBS vs. doing what they know they already can do.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back