PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Tuesday August 9th

Nixon was a 7th round pick last year so he is in the 2nd year of his 4 year rookie contract. Standard.
Nixon was cut and put on the Practice Squad last year. He was signed to a Future's Contract on 1/17/22. That's a 1 year deal.

Meyers was the ONLY NEP receiver who was functional with Cam as QB - led the receivers with 700 some yards, next highest pass catcher, I believe, was under 400. That might just mean he was the first read to an extent but it tells you something.

Damiere Byrd had 604 receiving yards with Cam. White, Harry, and Edelman had over 300 yards each.
Hey I love Wilkerson. As I recall he got two balls thrown to him last year in one game and both were TDs? Or was it just he played in one game and it was a 2-TD game? How can you not like that mojo? And none of the guys we're talking about are just plain slow or can't get separation. The "Pro 4" of Bourne, Meyers, Agholor, and Parker never hit those depths here (yes we woulda like more out of NA) The rest are the Binkies really but I find the binky crop promising , especially TT.

Wilkerson had 2 TDs on 4 receptions and 8 targets. The 2 TDs came in the same game against the Hapless Jaguars.

I've said it before, Wilkerson isn't making the team unless they get rid of Agholor AND Meyers or he handedly beats out Nixon, Humphrey, and Hammond.

Bourne, Parker, Meyers, Agholor, Thornton are your top 5.

If there were one thing BB would want to correct from the last three years, I would say how they played in December and January would be at the top.

I know, compared to yesterday's standards, they are babied. But yesterday's athlete didn't grow up in air conditioning and other luxuries.

Everybody says Bill doesn't adjust, but maybe today Bill thinks he's been pushing them too hard.

Or maybe he's listening to his coaches opinions.

What's unfortunate is how different the preseason game contact is relative to full pads practice. You can regulate contact on full pads days, they aren't blasting people with all their strength. Preseason is different and minimizing injury at that point unfortunately outweighs the additional prep.

Bourne, Parker, Meyers, Nixon. There’s four good receivers.

Not to mention Montgomery, Wilkerson, even Humphrey and Hammond all have some potential.

There‘s more depth than roster space for depth at WR.

We don't have any idea if Nixon is good.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back