PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Monday August 22nd

Nice to see Wynn make an appearance!!

I have no idea the protocols anymore - can these be COVID (Henry, Wynn) positives? Did they completely disappear for a few days (I don't remember either of them "on the lower fields")?

Edit - maybe not Wynn...red jersey makes no sense with COVID...

Lil’Jordan Humphrey is becoming everyone's binky...

Humphrey feels like a better tool to have at the end of the WR roster than someone like Nixon, IMO. You already have a couple other speed guys, good to have a big man. He does feel slightly redundant with Wilkerson, but Wilkerson's not healthy.

I do still have hope for Nixon's development, but he hasn't done that much in the preseason. I think he'll make it to the PS.

Humphrey feels like a better tool to have at the end of the WR roster than someone like Nixon, IMO. You already have a couple other speed guys, good to have a big man. He does feel slightly redundant with Wilkerson, but Wilkerson's not healthy.

I do still have hope for Nixon's development, but he hasn't done that much in the preseason. I think he'll make it to the PS.
Nixon is getting better all the time, but Humphrey may be the right man at the right time. He's been admirably doing his assigned jobs to date, and he's playing with a determined and fiery demeanor.

It could very well be a personnel decision. The first thing that came to mind for me was week one with THill on the horizon. JJonea has had a lot of success in the past against Hill when matched on him. It looks like Miami plans to use Hill on the boundary so why no Match him with Hill.

Nixon and Thornton probably got most of their catches from Hoyer and Zappe. Not a single catch for Humphrey from Mac.

I was actually most surprised that Jonnu was #2...

If Bill wants to keep Jonathan on the outside, then he Must teach him how to look for the ball on the deep sideline routes; otherwise the dude will have a lot of passes - and penalty flags - thrown his way... JC became very good at attacking the football, very quickly...

Nixon is getting better all the time, but Humphrey may be the right man at the right time. He's been admirably doing his assigned jobs to date, and he's playing with a determined and fiery demeanor.
Why do we need more than Parker, Agholor, Bourne and Myers on the 53 for Game One, with Thronton coming back after a few weeks? We have six others who also receiving targets (3 RB and 3 TE's).

I'm fine with having 2-3 receivers on the Practice Squad.

Why do we need more than Parker, Agholor, Bourne and Myers on the 53 for Game One, with Thronton coming back after a few weeks? We have six others who also receiving targets (3 RB and 3 TE's).

Yeah, that's the rub for 'Lil. He's going to have to beat out one of the other gunners. He's probably picked up by one of the teams that have multiple WR injuries before he makes it to the PS.

Who are the 3 TEs?

If you are saying Asiasi makes the team over Lil then BB decided to keep the lesser-producing of the two players.

If Henry or Smith gets hurt, then those snaps should go to Parker or Bourne (since it sounds like Meyers and Agholor are starting), with 3 WRs on field on almost every snap. The #3 TE comes into play in short yardage or if both Henry and Smith are unavailable, both situations where you want a real tight end and not a big WR.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back