PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Monday August 15th

Some Schooler love: Is he trending to make the team as an udfa? I think most of us agree that Bryan will make it, but do two? Good block below:

Right now I have both Schooler and Ray just outside my 53. I was ready to include Ray, but then Roberts went and had a good game and I prefer him now (seems to be more balanced in his skillset).

Schooler seems to me like the type of player who starts out on the PS, maxes out the number of games he can be elevated from there to play in, then gets signed to the 53 permanently.

Some Schooler love: Is he trending to make the team as an udfa? I think most of us agree that Bryan will make it, but do two? Good block below:

Is blocking while running towards your own goal-line legal?

As long as you don't block the opposing team in the back, yes.

Remember the Anfernee Jennings block that was penalized and so called back a punt return touchdown?

That was explained as being illegal for being a block back towards one's own goal line with forcible contact. Vinovich "It was a block back towards his own end line, with forceable [sic] contact."

Remember the Anfernee Jennings block that was penalized and so called back a punt return touchdown?

That was explained as being illegal for being a block back towards one's own goal line with forcible contact. Vinovich "It was a block back towards his own end line, with forceable [sic] contact."

Horrible call!!

Yes. But not -- according to the referee in a statement afterwards -- a mistake. If not, then the Schooler block should have been called too.
I've never seen that block called before for a penalty other than against Jennings.

I've never seen that block called before for a penalty other than against Jennings.
Same here, but there have been numerous other ridiculous calls based on the "blindside block" rule.
Desperately needs to be re-written.

when is the first joint practice?

First cuts to 85 are due tomorrow. I believe that the Pats are at 86, so if any of the Patriot players on the bubble are reading this, try not to be the only guy that fails miserably at practice today.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back