PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots training camp Day 13 (8/15)

Newton took the reps with the first offense again. Aside from the throw to Agholor, his other noteworthy completion was a beautifully placed 20-yard out to Jakobi Meyers over a trailing Jonathan Jones. Matt LaCosse dropped an easy Newton pass in the flat leading both him and Newton to show some irritation over the play. Lacosse’s drop followed one by Brandon Bolden on a throw from Mac Jones.

Drop of the day, though, came from Gunner Olszewski who lost De’Angelo Ross on a post and had a perfect throw from Jones.

Jones did a nice job running a late-practice two-minute drill in which he found N’Keal Harry over corner Dee Virgin. Again, the catches weren’t being contested too robustly unless the balls were 50-50.

Is anyone of significance on offense going to miss the opener? They've actually done really well so far.

No, not really. I'm just thinking more of the fact that we're dealing with two inexperienced (relatively) QBs in this system, and trying to integrate 4 new skill position players while constantly having 1 or 2 of them unavailable in practice is going to make it more difficult to get the operation running smoothly. We saw this even with Brady his last year here: There was never a two week stretch where they had the same personnel on offense, and things just never gelled. I'm not panicking by any means, just that I would be surprised if the offense really hit the ground running.

Always thought that BB teams are best when the LB corps is strong & making plays. 01-04 & 14-18.

Also coincides with an elite secondary (CB1, SS, FS)

The guy I want to see back is Gilmore. Any word on when he will be healthy?

BTW- I believe that the money issue WILL be worked out, but only when he shows the Pats he's fully healthy. THEN I think he'll get his raise that will be an incentive bonus based on how many games he plays. Something like this. $7MM signing bonus (his 2021 salary) 250K for every game he's active ($4MM+ $1MM if he gets to the probowl $1MM if the pats get to the playoffs or superbowl if the Pats are playing hard ball.

I think that would be more than fair. Thke $4.3MM would be considered is an easy incentive, then he has one personal achievement and one team achievement. Either way the package would put him up among the top 5 or 10 CB's The Pats might want to add some further years at big money for cap purposes that spreads the bonus out, but nothing that commits the team to the player.

This would allow Gilmore to get a significant raise at a dollar number that satisfies him and his agent to THIS year. Remember the number of 32 year old all pro CB's is a VERY short one that consists of NO ONE! So to pay elite CB money to someone that age or beyond is NOT smart. That is not to say that Gilfmore won't be an effective NFL CB beyond this year and be an asset to the team, Experience DOES count. butits just that he won't be among the best and shouldn't be paid like one.

Thanks for sharing.

Picture #6 is the nail in the coffin for BUST Nkeal Harry. Look at him nonchalantly watch the defender intercept, he doesn't even try to fight or break it up. I remember Brady flipping out at him for the same thing and he hasn't improved at all. You can't throw any balls to a WR who is not only crappy at catching or getting open but doesn't fight to prevent interceptions.

[Edit] in this closed-door practice apparently it was a designed drill for the DBs in which case I stand corrected; NKeal was the perfect practice squad player for this drill to see a WR stand still and let the CB catch the ball.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.

Picture #6 is the nail in the coffin for BUST Nkeal Harry. Look at him nonchalantly watch the defender intercept, he doesn't even try to fight or break it up. I remember Brady flipping out at him for the same thing and he hasn't improved at all. You can't throw any balls to a WR who is not only crappy at catching or getting open but doesn't fight to prevent interceptions.

just when I think your posts can’t get any worse, you always have a gem up your sleeve.

yes, based on a still photo of a drill, you’re able to discern not only the intent of the drill itself, but also the effort/execution of the player involved … based on a still photo.

an uninformed, poor take to be certain.

just when I think your posts can’t get any worse, you always have a gem up your sleeve.

yes, based on a still photo of a drill, you’re able to discern not only the intent of the drill itself, but also the effort/execution of the player involved … based on a still photo.

an uninformed, poor take to be certain.

NKeal Harry not fighting for a ball isn't a controversial take. Sorry you're such a homer.

Thanks for sharing.

So meyers will get cut for the exact same picture as Harry’s? Looks like an int drill. Wilkerson in one too

Thanks for sharing.

The still pics of this drill do make the WR's look lethargic. You don't have the benefit of the video, posted somewhere, that showed this to be the nature of the drill. Even watching the drill the first time caused me to wonder the same thing...are the WR's taking the day off? WTH? But then it became clear what was up.

Thanks for sharing.

WOW How the F can you determine that Harry was "nonchalant". Its a photo of a play. You have no f#cking idea what happened before OR after that moment in time. It was also a virtual walkthru where no one was overly competing before they left for Philly. What you fail to see that it was a BAD PASS. What you SHOULD be asking is "Who threw it?" If it was your QB binky you wouldn't be so eager to jump on the band wagon. Would you?

Edit: Looks like I wasn't the only one to took notice of you spurious post. ;)

WOW How the F can you determine that Harry was "nonchalant". Its a photo of a play. You have no f#cking idea what happened before OR after that moment in time. It was also a virtual walkthru where no one was overly competing before they left for Philly. What you fail to see that it was a BAD PASS. What you SHOULD be asking is "Who threw it?" If it was your QB binky you wouldn't be so eager to jump on the band wagon. Would you?

I updated the post to reflect NKeal's contribution to practice.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back