PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots training camp Day 13 (8/15)

These Philly joint practices are not open to the public, correct? Only the Giants ones are?

Great list of guys coming back. Really interested to see how Winovich looks. He's a frontrunner for an edge spot on this team, but there's a few new challengers that have been taking advantage of his absence. If he can learn to play some ILB as well, it will help him get more snaps. I want the kid to stick, I think his motor is good for this defense when he's doing the right things.

Watching (and knee-jerk reacting to) that first pre-season game, Agholor might be the most important skill position player on offense this year. At least while Cam was in the game, we saw a lot of very familiar defense: Lotta guys in the box, daring the Patriots to put it in the hands of Cam's throws. If Agholor is getting open enough downfield against those looks, teams will still have to respect it, because even with Newton's lack of fine tune accuracy, he can still zip the ball to an open guy down the field. It just needs to be enough of a threat to pull a safety back and open things up for the tight ends, Meyers/Bourne, and the running game (both RB and QB).

He of course is of equal benefit to Mac (and perhaps more so), but I feel like especially if we're starting the season with Cam, getting defenses to think twice about putting 8 men in the box is hugely important to the scheme.

Heartening to see the group of key players return to practice. I hope they come along nicely to be ready to go in September.

I'll be curious to see how the local Philly media (who can at times be comparable to Boston media)report on them....
Agreed, there was value in the last time the Pats did joint practices with Philly - comparing and contrasting the coverage from the Philly guys provided some good perspective.

On the rare occasions this team stays relatively healthy (meaning key players), they are usually very successful. Other times, due to the greatness of Tom Brady, we can usually get close to winning a championship. We cannot afford key injuries now. It’s just ridiculous the bad luck this team has with key injuries. The only time they were able to pull it off was when the Pats won it all in 2016 (without Gronk). In 2017, lost SB without Edelman, and lost AFCCG by 2 points in 2015, without both starting RBs, and a slew of others.

We need to pray that Smith’s injury isn’t serious. Otherwise the offense may be ****ed.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back