PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Patriots Training Camp 8-8-2023

Dealing with injury.
That seems to be the case, and it could very well be something relatively minor, that a rookie who is trying to make a team, for instance, would be playing through (or Brown during the regular season) but they are being very conservative with him, knowing his injury history and recognizing how important he is to their success this year.

Posted in the Flowers thread, but also putting here since it's news from today - Flowers signed this morning, but immediately goes on PUP list. Imagine he is probably gonna start the year on PUP to save a roster spot.

If he doesn’t participate in a single practice for the next 10 weeks, there would have been no point in signing him.

If he doesn’t participate in a single practice for the next 10 weeks, there would have been no point in signing him.
Are you sure? Looks to me like he could go onto the regular-season PUP list only if he doesn't practice in camp, and could be activated starting at game 7.

There are certain players that are just CATALYST type players. Nate Ebner was one for the Men's 7-on-7 Rugby. Bourne was that for the Pats in 2021. Good things just happened when Bourne was on the field.

I don't believe that either Boutte or Nixon are going to beat him out.
Over 800 yds playing only one third of the offensive snaps in 2021. Amen

How many teams have cap space and are willing to expend 5 million on wr3 ? Bourne trade might not be realistic.
As of today, 18 teams, not counting the Patriots, have $12 million or more of cap space.

Any acquiring team could convert $4 m of salary to a bonus, add a void year, and a $5 million cap figure becomes $3 m in 2023.

There are ways to do it. Cap room is not the problem. Finding another team willing to give up a draft pick and be willing to pay Bourne $5 m is the problem.

You posted that in response to a tweet saying he was 2-0 in one on ones?????
I don’t see how he is far behind Parker or Bourne. He missed time, it’s not that big a deal.
Yes I did.

One practice does not change the other 10 he has been invisible in.

Demario has more moves then ex-lax
Happy Excuse Me GIF

It's kinda sad that I'm excited to see it, but... the Jets cut Yodny Cajuste today... he might be worth calling back for a few weeks.
The Jets were as desperate at OL as we were. If they cut him, I’m not sure we want him back.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back