PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots trade up and select DT Christian Barmore

If there is a worst poster on the site I haven't seen them. I'd find a new hobby if I was this clueless ^^^^

Penetrating and disruptive one-gapping 3-tech. Can also align at the 5-tech depending on formation and need. He’s not Wilfork, and wont be expected to play like him. He needs some work. He needs to play lower consistently and he needs to develop a repertoire of moves to succeed at this level. He got by in college because he’s so explosive off the snap. That will work against him at this level. But the foundation is there. I almost feel like this is what Bill wanted in Easley, but without the bum knees.

The D FA signings and picks in this draft have Brady's visit to Foxboro in mind. I wanted Barmore at 15 so I'm happy.

I saw somewhere that Barmore ran a 4.93/40 .... that's pretty good
Yep. Combine records....

300 - 320 lbs : 2013 OT Terron Armstead, 306 lbs, 4.71 40 yard dash

320 - 340 lbs : 2005 OT Alex Barron, 320 lbs, 4.87 40 yard dash

Penetrating and disruptive one-gapping 3-tech. Can also align at the 5-tech depending on formation and need. He’s not Wilfork, and wont be expected to play like him. He needs some work. He needs to play lower consistently and he needs to develop a repertoire of moves to succeed at this level. He got by in college because he’s so explosive off the snap. That will work against him at this level. But the foundation is there. I almost feel like this is what Bill wanted in Easley, but without the bum knees.
From what I read, any issues this kid has are between the ears. Maturity might be an issue. Sounds like a high risk high reward pick.

From what I read, any issues this kid has are between the ears. Maturity might be an issue. Sounds like a high risk high reward pick.
Yup I agree there is definetly some risk that Barmore doesn't achieve his ceiling but I think the reward and value at 38 are worth it to take that risk. If he continues to develop and play like the last games on big stages Barmore has a shot to be one of the best defense players of this draft imo. Things i would like to see him improve are Bull Rush or variety of moves. I think he will get the run defense stuff, he had some nice Moments there and the frame for it.

trading up 8 slots in the 2nd costs 2 4ths? seems pricey
I thought the chart was about right on with this move. As in all things it is supply and demand, lots of teams wanted to move up and there are only 3or 4 teams to work with.

This is kind of what we did with Hernandez, Talented player but some character issues. Then again, there are players with character issues who don't murder people

Barmore's maturity no worse than someone pointing to 19 year old Mac Jones' DUI....

Warren Sapp said: ‘Do this,’ and he was doing something else. To the point where another person said, ‘You’re not doing that,’ and he looked at both of us like, ‘What?’ So I tried it one more time, and then when he didn't do it that time I picked up my glasses and my visor and I walked off.
If I take this and consider what Saban said about Barmore going left when everybody is going right, I think he probably have some type of learning issue and we should be aware of that and compensate him.

If I take this and consider what Saban said about Barmore going left when everybody is going right, I think he probably have some type of learning issue and we should be aware of that and compensate him.
Not a learning disability or issue but freestyle & guessing.

I like him even more. F**k Warren Sapp
Warren Sapp in that article: "I told him this, but he didn't do that, then he did this, and someone else was like, 'not that, but like this,' and so I tried that again this time and when that didn't do this like that, I walked away."

...Ya, the communication issues are on Barmore's end.

I'm guessing Belichick will be a little better at getting his point across.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back