PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to sign Lamar Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think ACLs are "devastating" injuries anymore with today's medical advances. Its obviously a serious injury when its sustained and derails your season, but they don't really ever have any long term detriments from that type of injury anymore.. pretty cookie cutter procedure and rehab process that leads to a full recovery

Adrain Peterson (granted a freak outlier) came back from his ACL surgery after like 8 months and nearly won the league MVP that year, rushing for over 2000 yards
Yeah devastating might be too harsh a description when the great advances in knee surgery are considered, though his injury also included a torn MCL too...

I don't expect an AP-like recovery from Miller, but then again I'm not sure what to expect from him, for two basic reasons:
1) He's never suffered an injury like this one before, to his credit, so his rate of recovery from it is an unknown factor; and
2) because of limited off-season player/free agent access this year, is the team taking a somewhat bigger leap of faith more than it usually might vs making a more thorough medical evaluation?

One more thought: Miller has logged almost 1400 regular- & post-season carries in his NFL career, so the tread on his tires need to be closely monitored...

Powerful billionaires tried to kick start your economy as well. Nature beat them too.

Much is in flux - I guess there’ll be lotsa Netflix and TED talk specials to be made in the 2030s about how humanity dealt with Covid.

Right, I never said it was a good decision or good intentions.. in America money is a God to more people than any religious deity

They never have the common people in mind or give one care in the world about any of us.. ive accepted that for a long time, we're just peasants at the mercy of an oligarchy

With Miller on PUP, a strong group of RB's looks a little weaker. Same thing happened with the OL and WR positions earlier. Hopefully, Miller on PUP is just precautionary. Otherwise, Damien Harris had better be the second coming of Jim Thorpe.

With Miller on PUP, a strong group of RB's looks a little weaker. Same thing happened with the OL and WR positions earlier. Hopefully, Miller on PUP is just precautionary. Otherwise, Damien Harris had better be the second coming of Jim Thorpe.

Michel is our starter. Burkhead is the backup. White is the 3rd down back.

And Harris our backup 3rd down back better be the 2nd coming?

The only place Michelle is starting is on the PUP list...and Harris is not our "backup 3rd-down back." As of right now he's our starting running back.

Harris might have a significant role in 2020.

Harris might have a significant role in 2020.
I agree. But, we don't need him to be the second coming. Besides, if the others are strong and healthy, Harris may be on afterthought again.

I agree. But, we don't need him to be the second coming. Besides, if the others are strong and healthy, Harris may be on afterthought again.
When it comes to Sony, I’ve been a supporter. He was a major part of the 2018 championship season. I’ve not been down on him, while many posters have bashed Michel.

However, this latest lingering issue is concerning. I’m saying that I can see Harris being the lead back this Fall. With White (pass catcher) and Burkhead (hybrid) very involved.

When it comes to Sony, I’ve been a supporter. He was a major part of the 2018 championship season. I’ve not been down on him, while many posters have bashed Michel.

However, this latest lingering issue is concerning. I’m saying that I can see Harris being the lead back this Fall. With White (pass catcher) and Burkhead (hybrid) very involved.

With what Lombardi apparently said about Michel's ankle I would assume the lead back job is for the taking for Miller once he is fit enough to pass the conditioning test and comes off PUP. If Harris can beat him out then even better.

I don't think Burkhead is exactly a backup but just the middle ground between White and Michel. He is the most unpredictable out of our backs in terms of it being a running/throwing play and is used as a tool to create mismatches in that way.

To me Harris is more of a Michel backup, that is unless he takes over if Michel keeps having injury issues.

Harris really has the pressure on him to take those diapers off.

Wouldn't shock me if we see Burkhead forced out on the field for early carries which would put him on IR by week 4.

The Pats use RB by committee. The leading snap getter for the past few years including all last year was James White.

They had three roles last year; Sony the workhorse runner, White the third down back and Rex was the fill-in and garbage time grinder... the only time Damien Harris played was when Rex got hurt. It wasn't because Harris is "lesser than," he was simply down on the depth chart and nobody got hurt.

Bill doesn't care who the starter is, he only cares he has a stable of healthy bodies who all have a similar skillset, talent and can contribute on special teams.

Experience and health will determine who plays, they're all good and could all be effective assuming the blocking is solid.

Ever notice how the truth comes out one corn flake at a time.

Is Sony on IR to return? Sure is looking that way. We have gone from Sony might not be ready for training camp to Sony is out 6 games in a relative short time span.

This is like coming to the realization that the car you bought is a lemon with sawdust in the transmission.

Cory Dillon, Danny Woodhead, Rex Burkhead -- they don't count in your calculus?

LeGarrette Blount definitely deserves to be on the list RBs drafted by anotrher team who made a major contribution to the Patriots.

Is he going to play ST? because the article I read seemed to imply this was in large part because Bolden opted out

LeGarrette Blount definitely deserves to be on the list RBs drafted by anotrher team who made a major contribution to the Patriots.
He was actually a UDFA but the sentiment is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots