PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots to Release Jalen Mills

Mills was a decent CB2. However, he missed crucial stretches the last two seasons. The secondary’s lackluster performance vs. the bills was in part he wasn’t there to cover Davis in the last three matchups atleast.

Odd. An already thin group gets thinner.
Some of our best young talent is in defensive backfield though and BB coaches and drafts really well here too so I'm not worried.

Dugger and the Joneses are solid and they will add the depth where needed and hopefully one more solid to really good starter. And likely something in the draft too.

I think I would be more concerned if BB couldn’t coach up CBs as well as he can.. always seems to find the diamonds in the rough that fit what the Pats do.

Some of our best young talent is in defensive backfield though and BB coaches and drafts really well here too so I'm not worried.

Dugger and the Joneses are solid and they will add the depth where needed and hopefully one more solid to really good starter. And likely something in the draft too.
Bill's track record on manning and coaching up the secondary is exemplary. I am confident that 1) they will have the appropriate personnel and 2) this is likely signaling another move.

BB giveth and taketh away...

Wow. Shocks me. Mills is versatile and played well (but yes, when he was able to play, which didn't include a lot of big games near the end of the two years).

Only way I like this is if they're bringing in someone notably better - Mills and McCourty is a lot of snaps to replace. Kept hoping for Shaun Wade, but that ship is passing, likely sinking.

He wasn't too pricey for a CB2, but he was hurt quite a bit.

I have never been a supporter of Mills as a CB/S starter .

I’m not overly concerned with his spot as a corner, as Marcus Jones and Jack Jones (assuming there are no lingering issues) can probably do what he does. This does leave them without any obvious free safety.

I thought Mills was good when he was healthy just not healthy very often.

It seems like the Pats had cap space available to sign players, so I'm surprised they cut Mills to clear $5 MM. He was the closest thing to a boundary corner on the team.

I really like the Jones triplets at corner but all 3 are best suited to play the slot. Would like to see them add at least two more quality corners since I don't want to see Bryant or Wade on the field.

I will hold off judgment until we see if there is a reciprocal move, but I don’t recall Mills having this much support on this site before this announcement. Haha.

Strange move, hopefully an upgrade coming

I will hold off judgment until we see if there is a reciprocal move, but I don’t recall Mills having this much support on this site before this announcement. Haha.
Did he really have that many detractors?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back