PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots to Release Jalen Mills

What’s that got to do with the price of tea in China, as my pappy used to say. Both your reply and tea prices have about as much to do with Ahmed’s point.
Your escaping the question... I asked did he make the right decision last season?.. I'll answer it for you.. 8-9...

Last season was lost out to sea.. we gained nothing... this off season had to right the wrongs.. and build a team with ownership involved.. it's not about making a point.. none of us are GMs, team owners I'd imagine.. we are passionate, realistic fans that want to see our team back in Contention.. that's all I'm saying..

Your escaping the question... I asked did he make the right decision last season?.. I'll answer it for you.. 8-9...

Last season was lost out to sea.. we gained nothing... this off season had to right the wrongs.. and build a team with ownership involved.. it's not about making a point.. none of us are GMs, team owners I'd imagine.. we are passionate, realistic fans that want to see our team back in Contention.. that's all I'm saying..
You’re still distracting with posts that have nothing to do with Ahmed’s comment.

You’re still distracting with posts that have nothing to do with Ahmed’s comment.
You made a derogatory post about mills.. falsely stating Bill always makes the right decisions.. I asked did he make them last season... you evaded the question..

BB used to make the right decisions.. no one's perfect doesn't make him less of a legendary future HOF coach... so I said he had to right the wrongs this offseason while still building a team..

I hope Bill doesn't plan on going into the season with Jon Jones starting on the outside again.

You made a derogatory post about mills.. falsely stating Bill always makes the right decisions.. I asked did he make them last season... you evaded the question..

BB used to make the right decisions.. no one's perfect doesn't make him less of a legendary future HOF coach... so I said he had to right the wrongs this offseason while still building a team..
Man you’re confused. you need to go back and reread the threads. You jumped in by bashing BB in response to a post criticizing another poster’s style. Your post had nothing to do with that criticism, which I pointed out. Now you’re claiming I posted about Mills, which I never did. Maybe these will help refresh your memory.
173AA73A-0B68-4F02-87E2-C0066547CDCD.jpegA36C3924-54F9-4C4A-BC50-E6097AA8C904.jpeg

I’m not saying he’d be there for sure in the 4th, and I’m very biased on this because I’m an Illini fan, but Jartavius Martin just seems like a BB type. He is high character, smart and position versatile. Played primarily slot and FS, but also outside. Tested very well at the combine as well. Just a random Saturday morning thought.

He's one of my Day 3 favorites.

I believe the "availability " factor was the reasoning mills was released.. that's BBs biggest barometer with his players..

He had hammy issues going back to eagles.. solid corner.. serviceable.. but not available to help the team often..

I made mention to a poster on here that my man Barmore also needs to find a way to stay healthy as well.. he needs to talk to Guy or godcheaux on how they train or do for thier bodies so he can be available to help the team and reach his full potential as a player.. just my thoughts..
Not sure Barmore getting hurt because someone wrenched his knee is a concern, he returned and played. He also played every game the year prior as a rookie.

Huh? Really liked Mills, not really. He’s a decent bigger sized CB, he’s also going to be 29 next season. They think they can get better value from another vet and/or a rookie.

They only had one large CB on the roster last season and Mills got hurt. Football is about matchups. Look at my “position of need” list for 2023, “big” CB was at the top of the list before Mills was cut. You’re reaching…
I'm not reaching for anything. I thought I recalled you talking up Mills before. But as usual you put a positive spin on EVERYTHING the team does. Which is fine, if that's your agenda, but it would be less transparent if you're disapproving once in a while.

I'm not reaching for anything. I thought I recalled you talking up Mills before. But as usual you put a positive spin on EVERYTHING the team does. Which is fine, if that's your agenda, but it would be less transparent if you're disapproving once in a while.
No joker, I said when Mills went down with injury last season all the Patriots were left with was shrimps... nickel CB's.

That's why "big" CB was high on my list of priority offseason needs well before Mills was released.

You're reaching...

Not sure Barmore getting hurt because someone wrenched his knee is a concern, he returned and played. He also played every game the year prior as a rookie.
The point in trying to make is about being available for the team.. does not matter how you get injured.. it's part of the game.. it's why NFL players don't get fully guaranteed contracts like MLB.. We've seen it all over the NFL over time when guys no matter how they get injured are not available for thier respective teams then typically they part ways.. unless your Jimmy g where you can be a part time player and get paid like a starter who never misses time..

Man you’re confused. you need to go back and reread the threads. You jumped in by bashing BB in response to a post criticizing another poster’s style. Your post had nothing to do with that criticism, which I pointed out. Now you’re claiming I posted about Mills, which I never did. Maybe these will help refresh your memory.
View attachment 50509View attachment 50510
Dude what are you talking about? No on bashed bill BB come on man.. it's like your being childish now.. re-read what I said.. I believe you're getting me mixed up with someone esle..

Dude what are you talking about? No on bashed bill BB come on man.. it's like your being childish now.. re-read what I said.. I believe you're getting me mixed up with someone esle..
@n6249c

I just re-read your post about Mills , I made a comment as you bashed him called him a useless scrub.. I wouldn't go that far.. I then said did BB make good decisions last season? You evaded the question.. so I answered it.. furthermore Mills could not stay healthy.. if there is anything about coach BB he says availability is the best ability you can have.. I made mention on here about a guy like barmore it's does not Matter HOW a player gets hurt it's all part of the game.. it's survival of the fittest players, BB has shown us if you can't help the team then adios.. not bashing bill at all and I'm actually agreeing with you.. I'm not trying to argue my man..

No joker, I said when Mills went down with injury last season all the Patriots were left with was shrimps... nickel CB's
Fine, so you thought he was essentially, and the defense worsened when he went down. That sounds like someone who likes the player (given the composition of the team).

Fine, so you thought he was essentially, and the defense worsened when he went down. That sounds like someone who likes the player (given the composition of the team).
I can’t use an allen wrench to saw a board in half.

There’s a tool for every job. Big CB’s are essential for covering big WR’s.

I hope Bill doesn't plan on going into the season with Jon Jones starting on the outside again.
I actually don’t think that’s the main issue. He can be fine out there. He just gets overmatched at the number one spot. Would prefer him at CB2.

If Jack Jones can figure out any differences he has with the staff, there’s some genuine number 1 CB potential with the guy. It would be great because Marcus Jones in the slot would make the trio very formidable. (And then a vet addition would be much needed after that still)

If no other significant moves are made, we definitely better hope Jack is ready.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back