PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots to Release Jalen Mills

we have 10 picks and 6 picks in first 4 rounds. i am sure there will be at least 2 CBS on rookie contracts who will be taken and make the 53 . so we would need to move on from veterans and bank on sophomore jump from Marcus and Jack. Myles bryant is insurance if one of the 4 CBs on rookie contract get injured.

Per Schefter:

Clearing out cap space like this makes me think a significant move is coming. It also doesn’t make sense for them to only address depth this off-season, being the best last place team in the league isn’t a significant achievement.

Reactions: Ian
Huh? Really liked Mills, not really. He’s a decent bigger sized CB, he’s also going to be 29 next season. They think they can get better value from another vet and/or a rookie.

They only had one large CB on the roster last season and Mills got hurt. Football is about matchups. Look at my “position of need” list for 2023, “big” CB was at the top of the list before Mills was cut. You’re reaching…
I believe the "availability " factor was the reasoning mills was released.. that's BBs biggest barometer with his players..

He had hammy issues going back to eagles.. solid corner.. serviceable.. but not available to help the team often..

I made mention to a poster on here that my man Barmore also needs to find a way to stay healthy as well.. he needs to talk to Guy or godcheaux on how they train or do for thier bodies so he can be available to help the team and reach his full potential as a player.. just my thoughts..

He was doing really good and will be better in 2023.
If we ended up with 2 shut down corners that would be great!! Love jack.. there isn't to many young corners that come into the league with the attitude and confidence jack has..

That must mean either Rapp or Scott are incoming. Still need TWO Starting-Caliber OUTSIDE CBs though.

fify

He did well in re to the contract

Not really... That's why he's gone.

I'd go with an elite safety if one is available. The defense falls off a cliff without good safety play and for years we had McCourty and Chung holding down the fort. We need someone long-term to pair with Dugger.

Then just sign CJGJ before it's too late - Julian Love's already off the table - and just say **** NO to Throwing-Away high picks on those 'Bama Safeties.

we have 10 picks and 6 picks in first 4 rounds. i am sure there will be at least 2 CBS on rookie contracts who will be taken and make the 53 . so we would need to move on from veterans and bank on sophomore jump from Marcus and Jack. Myles bryant is insurance if one of the 4 CBs on rookie contract get injured.

Pats have 11 picks. You forgot they added a 7th rounder for Jonnu Smith. Myles Bryant isn't insurance on anything..

WRONG WRONG WRONG

If we ended up with 2 shut down corners that would be great!! Love jack.. there isn't to many young corners that come into the league with the attitude and confidence jack has..

Sure there are... As in, like, all the time...

Considering age ect.. I believe Murphy-bunting is the best fit for us..

How many missed tackles did he have? Why so few Pass Break-ups?

Is he better in Man or Zone coverage?

What's the WART that has kept teams away from signing him already?

I’m not saying he’d be there for sure in the 4th, and I’m very biased on this because I’m an Illini fan, but Jartavius Martin just seems like a BB type. He is high character, smart and position versatile. Played primarily slot and FS, but also outside. Tested very well at the combine as well. Just a random Saturday morning thought.

How many missed tackles did he have? Why so few Pass Break-ups?

Is he better in Man or Zone coverage?

What's the WART that has kept teams away from signing him already?
You could say the same exact thing about every CB on the market right now..

His size , youth, athletic ability and cover skills is what make his a good player.. he's 6"0 long, rangy and physical..

Sure there are... As in, like, all the time...
I guess what I meant to say is they don't always say how dare a QB try to throw an out route on me... lol lol

You could say the same exact thing about every CB on the market right now..

His size , youth, athletic ability and cover skills is what make his a good player.. he's 6"0 long, rangy and physical..

No. you couldn't say the same thing about every CB on the market. That's why I asked the questions that I did. Questions that you intentionally ignored because you know that to answer them would detract from Murphy-Bunting's "shine" that you're putting on.

Murphy-Bunting had 9 Missed tackled on the season. His missed tackle numbers are 5, 16, 6, and 9 since he entered the league. Including 3 in the SB that Brady took them to. Missed tackles for a DB are a HUGE red flag for Belichick. Belichick has a quote that he's known for in regards to DBs. (I'm paraphrasing because I don't have the book handy) "Give me a DB who can't tackle. What am I going to do with him?"

You say his "coverage skills" make him a good player but you can't tell me whether or not he's better in Zone or Man. He only averages a little more than 5 PBUs a season. He's only getting 1.5 Ints per season.

No. you couldn't say the same thing about every CB on the market. That's why I asked the questions that I did. Questions that you intentionally ignored because you know that to answer them would detract from Murphy-Bunting's "shine" that you're putting on.

Murphy-Bunting had 9 Missed tackled on the season. His missed tackle numbers are 5, 16, 6, and 9 since he entered the league. Including 3 in the SB that Brady took them to. Missed tackles for a DB are a HUGE red flag for Belichick. Belichick has a quote that he's known for in regards to DBs. (I'm paraphrasing because I don't have the book handy) "Give me a DB who can't tackle. What am I going to do with him?"

You say his "coverage skills" make him a good player but you can't tell me whether or not he's better in Zone or Man. He only averages a little more than 5 PBUs a season. He's only getting 1.5 Ints per season.
So why is he a starting corner?

I'm not up on my FA CB knowledge, so who has good size and production and might be an upgrade over Mills

cc @BaconGrundleCandy
I was hoping we would make a play for Dean but no go there.

I know he's a nice matchup guy in the slot. Familiar with playing 1/3 in that C3 they play. He's better in zone for sure. Trust his eyes, loves playing the QB & WR. I haven't studied him in a few but again I really like Dean.

I was hoping we would make a play for Dean but no go there.

I know he's a nice matchup guy in the slot. Familiar with playing 1/3 in that C3 they play. He's better in zone for sure. Trust his eyes, loves playing the QB & WR. I haven't studied him in a few but again I really like Dean.
Dean, Murphy-bunting, Carlton Davis are all big corners that can cover..Tampa had a very unique set up with 3 Bigger CBs..

The way you constantly insult players that leave or you don't like is distasteful at best
Did BB make right decisions last season?

Did BB make right decisions last season?
What’s that got to do with the price of tea in China, as my pappy used to say. Both your reply and tea prices have about as much to do with Ahmed’s point.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back