PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots to Release Jalen Mills

I thought that, overall, he played better in NE than I had expected when signed. He did miss time and that might be a factor, but he exceeded my initial expectations and was more solid than some give him credit for. He was never going to be peak Revis / Gilmore and anyone who expected him to approach that level needs to readjust.

Maybe they feel Jack Jones is ready to make the jump to CB #1 despite finishing the season in the doghouse. Jack Jones at #1, Jonathan Jones at #2, and Marcus Jones in the slot.

I guess it was true there was more coming but not in the way we thought /s

Cut starting corner and possible fs starter...making holes

This is a pro Jack Jones post in disguise.

Well, this is confusing. I guess they want to go in another direction. I was like 80% sure he was going to play safety.

Wasn't too shabby at all when he played, was vocal about how he loved NE and being coached by BB...

Cold world indeed

Interesting move. Really thought they would give him a shot at FS. It is what it is to me really. My thoughts:

1) Maybe they have an incoming CB (Sean Murphy Bunting /Marcus Peters/Shaquille Griffin/Rock Ya-Sin)

2) Really would like to get Chauncey G. Johnson at FS.

CB: Jack Jones/FA/Draft Pick
SS: Dugger
FS: CGJ
CB: Jo. Jones
N: M. Jones

Phillips and Peppers just move around everywhere

Or maybe Jo. Jones goes to FS.

I'm not sure Mills was spectacular at any one position. Serviceable Corner / COULD start at FS? Maybe preference is to sign a FA at FS and draft a corner or two.

Historically we've drafted some pretty good CBs... counting undrafted FA... Jackson, Samuel, Law, Butler, Jones, Jack Jones etc.. Also had some pretty bad busts I suppose.

This is a good point, who's better at developing CBs than NE? Sure, they've blown a couple high round picks over the years but the list of late round/UDFA gems that become very good starters is long.

Odd. An already thin group gets thinner.
Same here something has to be brewing.. I know that he's been hurt alot during his time here.. he was solid.. strange he was released

Mills have recurring hammy Issues not going to miss him.
Yes I made a mention about barmore being injured and a poster on here came at me.. BB always says availability is the best ability you can have...

This is a good point, who's better at developing CBs than NE? Sure, they've blown a couple high round picks over the years but the list of late round/UDFA gems that become very good starters is long.

Wich makes it even worse that Williams was a daft bust.. a 6"3 guy with range and athletic ability.. so he's still on the roster but mills is cut.. EL strango

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back