PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to have long meeting with Jayden Daniels

He’s the one. The One. Hopefully. Like Neo in Matrix.

Cuz Washington is all in on McCarthy according to ironclad Net gossip.

I suspect that their meetings with Maye and McCarthy will be no less "Long".
I don't think they had dinner with McCarthy the night before his pro day, like they are here. But I wouldn't really put too much stock into it. I do think Daniels is the guy they want most, though.

I don't think they had dinner with McCarthy the night before his pro day, like they are here. But I wouldn't really put too much stock into it. I do think Daniels is the guy they want most, though.
You may very well be right about them wanting Daniels. I just hope that isn't the case.

You may very well be right about them wanting Daniels. I just hope that isn't the case.
To be honest I have come around on all of the top guys. I used to really prefer Maye over Daniels, but I’ve grown to like Daniels’ skillset as well and I think they’re pretty close even though I would still put Maye above him.

Maye has a higher potential ceiling, Daniels has a higher floor and is ready now. And I do kind of wonder if maybe Daniels still has more room to grow too, he didn’t really throw on the run much and it seems like maybe there are some parts of his game still waiting to be unlocked, which excites me. The threat of his legs is just not something Maye will give you in the same way and it would allow them to be competitive even with lesser WR talent. But if they did acquire real WR talent, they could have a dynamic offense.

To be honest I have come around on all of the top guys. I used to really prefer Maye over Daniels, but I’ve grown to like Daniels’ skillset as well and I think they’re pretty close even though I would still put Maye above him.

Maye has a higher potential ceiling, Daniels has a higher floor and is ready now. And I do kind of wonder if maybe Daniels still has more room to grow too, he didn’t really throw on the run much and it seems like maybe there are some parts of his game still waiting to be unlocked, which excites me. The threat of his legs is just not something Maye will give you in the same way and it would allow them to be competitive even with lesser WR talent. But if they did acquire real WR talent, they could have a dynamic offense.
The threat of his legs at 210 pounds isn't going to cut it in the NFL. If he has a frame that can't put on much more weight (like Tyquan Thornton) it could prove to be extremely problematic.

Will there be bologna sandwich and chips at the meeting
Ground Round and Sizzler for the premium prospects....let some Kraft Bucks see the light of day

Why?? They ain't getting him the Commanders are not passing don't waste valuable time please.
The highest probability on a pick is Caleb to the Bears at #1. After that, it’s all smoke and mirrors. WSH could go Daniels, Maye or McCarthy so the Pats have to do their due diligence. They’d get torched if they didn’t spend time with a potential pick.

The threat of his legs at 210 pounds isn't going to cut it in the NFL. If he has a frame that can't put on much more weight (like Tyquan Thornton) it could prove to be extremely problematic.
I don’t know, he played in the SEC and I watched him get hammered by Alabama players and pop right back up. Seems really resilient. I do agree that he would need to bulk up a little though, even if it costs him some speed. He’s so freakishly fast for a QB already that a 10% speed drop-off might still have him at #1.

He reminds me a lot of Randall Cunningham, hopefully (if we get him) a little more accurate of a passer. But body wise he's the same height and slender build. Cunningham started breaking down at the age of 28, of course he played in another era where you could slaughter the QB when you hit him. The game is softer and more gentle now.

Daniels put up silly offensive numbers and accuracy in college, the concern here seems to be some of what was wrong with Mac. His team was so dominant, how much of it was him... he might be more mirage than real deal.

Can he process, slide and pass from the pocket in the pros?

All the top QB's have tools, they all have warts... they all scare the bejeezus out of me at pick #3.

Taking Maye over Daniels is like taking is like taking Thornton over Pickens their abilities is clear like night and day. Daniels is the superior Prospect take that to the bank Patsfans.
They both suck. Take that one to the bank.

Patriots: "We are interested in you playing for us."

Daniels: "I don't like cold weather."

Patriots: "We'll pay you millions."

Daniels: "So will other teams where it doesn't snow."

Patriots: "If you haven't noticed, we have a new coach who values diversity, inclusion and will care about you as a person."

Daniels: "If you haven't noticed, I'm thin, get cold easily and haven't lived or played football in weather under 50 degrees."

Patriots: "We have hot clam chowder. We have a heated field house. You can practice there whenever you like."

Daniels' agent: "Excuse me, but this interview has exceeded its time limit. Thank you and goodbye. I mean, get lost."

Last edited:
Patriots: "We are interested in you playing for us."

Daniels: "I don't like cold weather."

Patriots: "We'll pay you millions."

Daniels: "So will other teams where it doesn't snow."

Patriots: "If you haven't noticed, we have a new coach who values diversity, inclusion and will care about you as a person."

Daniels: "If you haven't noticed, I'm thin, get cold easily and haven't lived or played football in weather under 50 degrees."

Patriots: "We have hot clam chowder. We have a heated field house. You can practice there whenever you like."

Daniels' agent: "Excuse me, but this interview has exceeded its time limit. Thank you and goodbye. I mean, get lost."
It’s the draft, what choice would he have? This doesn’t make a lot of sense. And most top pick candidates are cold regions anyway.

It’s the draft, what choice would he have? This doesn’t make a lot of sense. And most top pick candidates are cold regions anyway.
His people said he doesn’t want to go to a cold weather team. Or so it was reported

I don't think Tunescribe is being literal here. You can find crazy weather anywhere now. There are plenty of reasons to question the Pats as a landing spot besides some weather. What's uncomfortable to some is just posturing to others.

I don’t know, he played in the SEC and I watched him get hammered by Alabama players and pop right back up. Seems really resilient. I do agree that he would need to bulk up a little though, even if it costs him some speed. He’s so freakishly fast for a QB already that a 10% speed drop-off might still have him at #1.
To me the concern about his size is because he takes too many big open field hits. If he doesn’t learn to slide in the nfl it probably wouldn’t matter if he put on 10 pounds.

Anthony Richardson is a lot bigger than Daniels and also has a problem with taking big hits in the open field. He couldn’t stay healthy his rookie year.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back