PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Signing Marshall Newhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all good.

AB vouched for him.

This signing sucks, not only because Newhouse isn't very good any more, but also because this means that Jethro Bodine isn't being re-signed and that...Thanksdad Feckin Ferentz...is our backup Center for the foreseeable future. Disgraceful.

Unless one of our other players is a center, I suspect that ferentz will be active as the 8th OL active.

This signing sucks, not only because Newhouse isn't very good any more, but also because this means that Jethro Bodine isn't being re-signed and that...Thanksdad Feckin Ferentz...is our backup Center for the foreseeable future. Disgraceful.

How does one read stats on an O-lineman? Serious question. Plus I only see defense and penalties.

It was more for how long has he been in the league, where he's played and how many starts did he have - - also his penalties and for what. You're right, not much else can be gleaned from the stats page.

I'm not sure why we keep Ferentz over Bodine.

I'm not sure one relates to the other...if they signed Bodine back would't they just cut Ferentz, like last time?

As for "disgraceful," until just before the season started they had a reliable starting center and a solid backup. I know you never like the Patriots' o-line choices, but nobody has three starting-caliber centers lying about. Ferentz certainly doesn't look like an NFL caliber blocker, but I guess they've decided that his knowledge of the offense, line calls, etc. makes him the best bet out of bad options.
hU6ad2U.gif

I'm not sure why we keep Ferentz over Bodine.

Bodine was set to make $2.1 million to Ferentz making $733,000. It’s a value transaction. Neither is that good so why not go with the cheaper one.

Newhousemania sure did drown out all the other talk around this team.

AB
AB
AB
AB
AB

Just trying to make this thread a little more interesting.

I like it. The man has 74 NFL starts.

I think we need a tackle now more than a center.

Side note: Why have we not offered Thuney an extension yet????...right now I'd say he is our most valuable OL-man by far. He took snaps at LT on camp, played some RT, and even was listed as a C in college.

You should've really told bb and scar

What makes you think that we haven't offered Thuney an extension yet?

Of course, Thuney's extension would be different that that of Van Noy or McCourty. Thunk's extension would cost cap space.

I like it. The man has 74 NFL starts.

I think we need a tackle now more than a center.

Side note: Why have we not offered Thuney an extension yet????...right now I'd say he is our most valuable OL-man by far. He took snaps at LT on camp, played some RT, and even was listed as a C in college.

What makes you think that we haven't offered Thuney an extension yet?

Of course, Thuney's extension would be different that that of Van Noy or McCourty. Thunk's extension would cost cap space.

Fair point, we might have offered it and Thuney might have turned it down.

We extended Shaq Mason a year early and that in hindsight was a good move that saved us millions in cap space. So, I was wondering why...

I checked around a bit. Curran said that they were talking about an extension 5 weeks ago. I checked out Mason's contract, and yup, it could be done with an additional cap hit of only about $2-3M, which is doable.

Fair point, we might have offered it and Thuney might have turned it down.

We extended Shaq Mason a year early and that in hindsight was a good move that saved us millions in cap space. So, I was wondering why...

Bodine was set to make $2.1 million to Ferentz making $733,000. It’s a value transaction. Neither is that good so why not go with the cheaper one.

Did we not know this before we traded for Bodine? just a few weeks ago?

Did we not know this before we traded for Bodine? just a few weeks ago?

Of course it did but they took a flyer to see whats there and cut him before any guarantees hit. What exactly is the issue with that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down