PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for hate groups. Encouraging intolerance. He's not a good guy. He's a bigoted fanatic.

There's plenty of reasons to wish ill will on him, and most of them are being driven by his religious beliefs.

Not sure where you get any of that from and it really comes across as projection. I don't want Tebow but i have never seen anything from him in any way that suggests he is a bad person, and calling him one simply for having strong beliefs about his faith is really what bigotry is all about.

I'll take a UDFA over Tebow because the UDFA might actually be able to contribute something, whereas I see absolutely no way Tebow can contribute anything at the QB position,

How come you weren't all up in arms about Kafka? He was wasting the same roster spot and sucks way more than Tebow.

35dyew.jpg

I really hope the girl in this clip doesn't go out and just do something terrible to all the "haters"....
inv.gif

LEAVE TEBOW ALONE - YouTube

You do realize the irony of the picture you posted right?

Its literally a facial representation of you in this thread.

I am still waiting for the legion of tebowites to show up in this forum , I had set up some party favors and small bottles of water as a welcome in anticipation but now I am afraid I am out of that pocket money.

Speaking for hate groups. Encouraging intolerance. He's not a good guy. He's a bigoted fanatic.

There's plenty of reasons to wish ill will on him, and most of them are being driven by his religious beliefs.

He has literally taken a pro gay stance ,even earning accolades from the gay community (read the article below) so I am curious as to where you see him as a bigoted fanatic? this is the bizarre stuff I am talking about .

Tim Tebow Betrays the Christian Right - J.K. Trotter - The Atlantic Wire

I don't care if he's a good guy or not. If I say he sucks (which I didn't), I don't want to hear what a good guy he is. It has nothing to do with his ability and he shouldn't get an inch of extra thought based on being a good guy. If he wants to date my daughter, great. If he wants to qb my team, forget it. I don't want to hear how it's because he's a "good guy" or that he's destined for sainthood.

Why do people have to talk about him being a good guy and why do people have to say it's about his beliefs? Kurt Warner can play for this team. It's yet to be seen if Tebow can.

Read what i wrote and you wont have to wonder so much, the good guy comment in context refers to people wishing him to fail...you dont wish a terrible player to fail because of his playing ability.

I'll take a UDFA over Tebow because the UDFA might actually be able to contribute something, whereas I see absolutely no way Tebow can contribute anything at the QB position, so imo he is simply wasting his time in NE other than to rehab his viability. He may be able to help a team that runs a read and react offense but that's not the Patriots and won't be any time soon. As far as his contributions to Denver go Elway couldn't get rid of him fast enough and that speaks volumes about where he stood in that organization. As for his stats 5.4 YPC is about as bad as it gets, and the Bronco's also had one of the worst teams in football when it came to their ability to sustain drives, which is a major point of emphasis in NE.

As for "hating" Tebow and "wanting him to fail" I have no investment in either, I actually think he's a good person but i also think he's a terrible fit at QB in NE and don't want them wasting their time on him because of that. S.F., Washington, Philly, Carolina or any of the other teams that run a read/react offense that suits his skills may be viable options for him but he has no place in a space and timing offense that uses a drop back passer and requires exceptional accuracy and traditional QB skills. You can view that as hating him for being a christian all you want but in truth it has nothing to do with that and only relates to his abilities as a QB, which is all i really care about.

5.4 was yards per carry, which is excellent, his passing per attempts , which is what I think you refer to is 6.7 not bad
I think you should educate yourself more on tebow and pay less attention to Merril hoge.
then we can have a more intelligent conversation.

You do realize the irony of the picture you posted right?

Its literally a facial representation of you in this thread.

I am still waiting for the legion of tebowites to show up in this forum , I had set up some party favors and small bottles of water as a welcome in anticipation but now I am afraid I am out of that pocket money.

Do you EVER make a post that has anything to do with the Patriots NOT about Tim Tebow???

I'm reading through your post history since you joined in December of 2011...you have exactly THREE posts before yesterday. Want to guess who they are about?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...tebow-pats-rumor-post2990549.html#post2990549

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...tebow-pats-rumor-post2990532.html#post2990532

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...tebow-pats-rumor-post2990483.html#post2990483

Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 AM #92
Ironman44
On the Roster

Default Re: Tebow to Pats rumor
All right guys in the spirit of actual analysis and objectivity and not just getting your info and perception from ESPN highlights , I want to present you with Tim Tebow’s first (and only) 16 starts in the NFL (this includes 2 post season games) . When you compare his production and wins in his first 16 games he is actually better than about 70% of the 31 other starters in the league were in their first 16 starts . Also , for a second, pretend this is not Tebow and is unnamed QB. All you know about him are the stats below and the fact that he took over a 7-24 team in the previous 31 games (worst in the NFL during that span) and helped turn it around to go 8-5 with a playoff win (first since 2005). Let us also set aside his clutch play late in many games.

Here are the stats.

First 16 starts

Total Yards: 3835
Passing : 2885
Rushing: 950
Total TDs : 32
Interceptions: 9
Fumbles lost: 7
Completion percentage: 47.3%
QB rating: 78.1 (includes post season)

So almost 4000 total yards and 32 Tds with a gimped offense is bad? Really?

I understand the polarized opinions for the guy but true analysis seems to go out the window when the word Tebow is mentioned. As an example his completion percentage is harped on over and over, so the 950 yards rushing are ignored? that is a lot of 7 yard dump passes that would bring his completion percentage up.

Certainly after only 16 starts he can only improve and his body of work so far is a good foundation for that improvement.

I see now...you're Timmy's father...well you raised a good son...good job. I still don't want the circus stopping in Foxboro for any length of time...already seen THAT.

Continue on, though, O' Noble Defender of The Teebs...you may become the first poster here to hit 100 posts exclusively on the subject of Tim Tebow.

35dyew.jpg

I really hope the girl in this clip doesn't go out and just do something terrible to all the "haters"....
inv.gif

LEAVE TEBOW ALONE - YouTube

I think that's a dude. I didn't watch this video (just now) but when it first came out a couple of years ago no one realized it was a dude. Maybe I'm thinking of something else. Or maybe I've been smoking some funny stuff and I'm hallucinating.

LOL....I just watched it and it's not the same one I was thinking of....I think that's a dude in that picture though...lol...give me one more hit-ah, I ain't finished with it-ah....

Anyways, unless a miracle happens (like he gets good), Tebow isn't making the final roster.

Do you EVER make a post that has anything to do with the Patriots NOT about Tim Tebow???

I'm reading through your post history since you joined in December of 2011...you have exactly THREE posts before yesterday. Want to guess who they are about?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...tebow-pats-rumor-post2990549.html#post2990549

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...tebow-pats-rumor-post2990532.html#post2990532

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...tebow-pats-rumor-post2990483.html#post2990483

Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 AM #92
Ironman44
On the Roster

Default Re: Tebow to Pats rumor
All right guys in the spirit of actual analysis and objectivity and not just getting your info and perception from ESPN highlights , I want to present you with Tim Tebow’s first (and only) 16 starts in the NFL (this includes 2 post season games) . When you compare his production and wins in his first 16 games he is actually better than about 70% of the 31 other starters in the league were in their first 16 starts . Also , for a second, pretend this is not Tebow and is unnamed QB. All you know about him are the stats below and the fact that he took over a 7-24 team in the previous 31 games (worst in the NFL during that span) and helped turn it around to go 8-5 with a playoff win (first since 2005). Let us also set aside his clutch play late in many games.

Here are the stats.

First 16 starts

Total Yards: 3835
Passing : 2885
Rushing: 950
Total TDs : 32
Interceptions: 9
Fumbles lost: 7
Completion percentage: 47.3%
QB rating: 78.1 (includes post season)

So almost 4000 total yards and 32 Tds with a gimped offense is bad? Really?

I understand the polarized opinions for the guy but true analysis seems to go out the window when the word Tebow is mentioned. As an example his completion percentage is harped on over and over, so the 950 yards rushing are ignored? that is a lot of 7 yard dump passes that would bring his completion percentage up.

Certainly after only 16 starts he can only improve and his body of work so far is a good foundation for that improvement.

I see now...you're Timmy's father...well you raised a good son...good job. I still don't want the circus stopping in Foxboro for any length of time...already seen THAT.

Continue on, though, O' Noble Defender of The Teebs...you may become the first poster here to hit 100 posts exclusively on the subject of Tim Tebow.

I am fascinated by the tebow debate and specifically tebow haters who have no end to their irritation I am a fan of a player . I thought you had established that yesterday? running out of response for me it seems?

it doesn't change the fact that you are the most hysterical person after the tebow signing..you are the one man forum circus.

By the way I had 37 post before yesterday good try though, oh and thank you for posting that analysis, it still kicks ass

The fact that you are upset that i am a fan of tebow makes my point for me

so you were fascinated by the Tebow debate so much that 2 years ago you logged on HERE out of nowhere, and not being a Pats fan, started banging the "Tebow is the best!" drums because you thought that is what Patriots fans on a Patriots would be into?

heh...I'm a one man circus?? Once again , your Timsanity has clouded your judgement...I am AT the Tebow circus thread and the head clown is YOU.

Now,I don't want to get in your way of establishing the modern "exclusively Tebow posts" record here....continue on Iron Knight of the Round Tebow.

By the way I had 37 post before yesterday good try though, oh and thank you for posting that analysis, it still kicks ass

every post you have ever made here is about Tim Tebow...you DENY THIS?

so you were fascinated by the Tebow debate so much that 2 years ago you logged on HERE out of nowhere, and not being a Pats fan, started banging the "Tebow is the best!" drums because you thought that is what Patriots fans on a Patriots would be into?

heh...I'm a one man circus?? Once again , your Timsanity has clouded your judgement...I am AT the Tebow circus thread and the head clown is YOU.

Now,I don't want to get in your way of establishing the modern "exclusively Tebow posts" record here....continue on Iron Knight of the Round Tebow.

Joker please tell me where my analysis from 2 years ago is flawed. I presented you real stats .
I ended my post with "Certainly after only 16 starts he can only improve and his body of work so far is a good foundation for that improvement."
How is that beating the drums? So you equate factual information tempered with a "maybe he can improve" comment as some sort of war drum beating.

You are hysterical bro..seriously, YOU need to dial it down a bit in regards to a 3rd string QB who is 90th on the roster.

BTW STILL WAITING FOR YOUR PREDICTED INVASION OF TEBOWITES

I'll no longer respond about the same stuff , so fire away all you want. I have said my piece.

every post you have ever made here is about Tim Tebow...you DENY THIS?

No I dont but why does it make you mad I am a tebow fan? its bizarre. who cares what player I like? where have I ever said anything outrageous? THIS PROVES MY POINT

I hope that you realize the amazing irony in posting an incredibly bigoted post about another person being a bigot.

BTW STILL WAITING FOR YOUR PREDICTED INVASION OF TEBOWITES

look in a mirror...YOU are the main advance scout..obviously. Tell us , exactly what board do YOU call home? I'd love to see your other non-Tebow work.

I am not a big Tebow fan, but I have never understood why Ray Lewis can run around and be even more out there with his religious beliefs but no one calls him on it? Is it because he murdered someone so it is ok?

No...you had 25...and 18 of them are in a Tebow thread from March 18th...funny thing is, your only two posts NOT on Tebow are a savage rebuke of Bill Belichick where you call him stupid and a doppelganger of that post.

You are an obvious troll

No...you had 25...and 18 of them are in a Tebow thread from March 18th...funny thing is, your only two posts NOT on Tebow are a savage rebuke of Bill Belichick where you call him stupid and a doppelganger of that post.

You are an obvious troll

you are the biggest troll int his thread, ill look up what you are talking about , I have no idea

you are the biggest troll int his thread, ill look up what you are talking about , I have no idea

Is it true though? Are you more of a Tebow fan than a Patriots fan? Be honest. I'm not going to bother looking it up but if you're the former, then it casts a different light on your objectiveness.

Is it true though? Are you more of a Tebow fan than a Patriots fan? Be honest. I'm not going to bother looking it up but if you're the former, then it casts a different light on your objectiveness.

By objectiveness you mean this:

" Tebow might not make the final roster, if he does maybe he can help the team"

It will cast a different light on that? or me calling Joker hysterical? not sure what you need a light cast on. I am a tebow fan that always has patriot players on his fanatsy team and have been part of the board since december 2011

a savage rebuke of Bill Belichick where you call him stupid and a doppelganger of that post.

You are an obvious troll

Joker this is the only thing critical of Belechick I found, and i was pissed when gronk got hurt so take it in context...and I will 1000% stand behind the statement below. I am not a troll.

"This is unbelievable

Whoever says this crap is not on BB is plain delusional. You don't have starters out there until the bitter end in 59 point blow outs.

Brady should not have been out there either. makes no sense, none at all and this is on BB."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST