PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign Raiders S Obi Melifonwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the Logan Express with him last Monday. He was flying to the Saints and said he hoped to sign there.

Born in London, raised in Grafton, grad of UConn.. looks like another underachieving hybrid that BB & Crew can mold...

Then there is the whole second round thing, another team "wasted" a pick in the second round??? Oh the horrors only thought the Pats did that...

We now have a #4 safety. It's been a long time since one of them has been at all useful taking defensive reps. Perhaps Obiwann will be the one.

Folks take the position that he will be primarily ST's. Well, that should always be the case for the #4 safety, if he is even active.

Last edited:
...I'd guess ST-only for now.

We now have a #4 safety. It's been a long time since one of them has been at all useful taking defensive reps. Perhaps Obiwann will be the one.

Folks a[re of th]e position that he will be primarily ST's. Well, that should always be the case for the #4 safety, if he is even active.
Depending on how quickly he can grasp at least some parts of the playbook, I can envision him, by regular season's end, taking some snaps as a substitute for one of our LBs or Safeties during some less-stressful 3rd-down situations, whenever he is active of course.

He got a 2-year deal.
I'm fine with a 2 year deal, but it is no big deal. If he is on the team at season's end, we'd have rights to him anyway. He would have been an ERFA.

Depending on how quickly he can grasp at least some parts of the playbook, I can envision him, by regular season's end, taking some snaps as a substitute for one of our LBs or Safeties during some less-stressful 3rd-down situations, whenever he is active of course.
Seems like he could be a situational plug in, if he can play at all. physical traits indicate disruptive matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft