PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign QB Kessler

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pick 6 must have really pissed Bill off.
well, it really made Brady look good.. and kind of flew in the face that against the argument for Bill without Tom. Yes, very short sample size, but now I bet he hopes Brady plays till 47.

Perhaps, just perhaps, BB wants to have a 2nd backup option as we approach the playoffs. And, yes, just perhaps, BB would like Stidham to get more practice reps, while someone else has scout team responsibility. It IS reasonable for Brady to be "limited" in his practice time.

what?? How would that make any sense?

Brady's calf means he needs some maintenance days. You don't want the kid taking 100% of practice reps too often. Bring him in for a week, let Brady heal up, then go back to what you were doing when you need the spot for Watson. Not saying it's the only option, but I don't get your shocked reaction at the possibility.

Stidham to IR in 3, 2, 1...a serious case of the Foxboro upper body injuries

MCI is such a dumbass.

It's just to give Brady some rest, because of his calf injury. Stidham moves to #1 and Kessler takes over scout team.
you joking?

Brady's calf means he needs some maintenance days. You don't want the kid taking 100% of practice reps too often. Bring him in for a week, let Brady heal up, then go back to what you were doing when you need the spot for Watson. Not saying it's the only option, but I don't get your shocked reaction at the possibility.
not shocked. I just use this board for boredom

Roster manipulations. Gotta fill the 53. Get a look at the street QB. Watson back next week although I gotta agree with Ken that Izzo '19 looks halfway decent at TE.

Cody Kessler must have played behind some of the worse O Lines known to man or he has no Pocket presence ... just look at his sack totals in limited games.:rolleyes:

Cody Kessler Stats | ESPN

Clearly they weren't happy with Stidham's pick-six in live game action, and want to have someone to push him and have an experienced backup should they need it in game settings.

Like Hoyer?

Bill must’ve seen enough from Stidham on that throw! Maybe not as ready as we thought.

Thank ****ing Christ. Not that Kessler is any great shakes, but at least he's an experienced NFL backup with a handful of starts against NFL competition.

Sure he's got a 2-10 record, but to be fair, 8 of that was with the 0-16 Browns.

Kessler pushes Stidmen.

Bill must’ve seen enough from Stidham on that throw! Maybe not as ready as we thought.

Stidham was good enough in preseason to beat out a trusted back up in Hoyer...then all of a sudden with one bad pass he is not ready? I dont buy it. Not sure why they signed Kessler but would agree with other folks that TB12 willl get a rest during the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes