PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign OT Chukwuma Okorafor

lol you know what I am talking about….Zone, Gap, Man, etc

I know the difference types of blocking, but you didn't mention how the Steelers actually changed.. That's what I was getting at.. LOL

It’s March 7th.
Sorry I forgot the blue font…
Owen Wilson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It was in jest, aimed at those b******g about our signing of a decent BACKUP OL

Will mention that Kevin Dotson left Pittsburgh a mediocre guard and became one of the best in the league this year.

Not saying that’ll be what happens here, but not unrealistic to consider that the Steelers were a part of the problem.
It was hard to tell with Dotson, he didn't workout leaving college.

Also "best in the league" isn't quite accurate, the Rams valued him enough to pay him, but the Steelers traded him for a 5/6th round draft pick swap.

Lowe played very well for Minnesota at LT prior to the trade. I think that the Pats trying to play him at RT screwed with his confidence.

I was actually surprised at how decently that MCDERMOTT played at LT at the end of the season. Hopefully, McDermott will be one of the Vets on the PS.
Also lost when it comes to Vederian Lowe is the fact that I don’t know how well he was coached last year, considering they didn’t have an offensive line coach for the majority of the season. I’m certainly fine with taking him to camp and seeing if he develops.

I’m also curious about Tyrone Wheatley, as well as Calvin Anderson, who definitely seems fired up about proving himself coming off whatever his illness was last season. But I’m not pinning my hopes on any of those guys and I’m hoping we see it at least one or two reasonably good signings, and hopefully also address it through the draft.

But they are in a tough spot. I get that money talks, but getting any type of elite player, regardless of position, is going to be a challenge. At the moment, they’re simply that team that nobody is interested in playing for and it’s going to take some time and significant changes for that to improve.

Also lost when it comes to Vederian Lowe is the fact that I don’t know how well he was coached last year, considering they didn’t have an offensive line coach for the majority of the season. I’m certainly fine with taking him to camp and seeing if he develops.

I’m also curious about Tyrone Wheatley, as well as Calvin Anderson, who definitely seems fired up about proving himself coming off whatever his illness was last season. But I’m not pinning my hopes on any of those guys and I’m hoping we see it at least one or two reasonably good signings, and hopefully also address it through the draft.

But they are in a tough spot. I get that money talks, but getting any type of elite player, regardless of position, is going to be a challenge. At the moment, they’re simply that team that nobody is interested in playing for and it’s going to take some time and significant changes for that to improve.
The o line staff maybe my favorite hires.

It’s March 7th.

The natives are restless.
Remember when this was around the time we used to make our Super Bowl reservations?

GIF by Bounce

Signing Okorafor doesn't preclude the Pats from drafting an LT. It just makes adding a SWING tackle (which I said they needed in the 3rd round) less of a priority..

Decent...average? WOW, UPGRADES.

I wish I was joking!

Decent...average? WOW, UPGRADES.

I wish I was joking!
Oli Udoh is available, so is Yosh Nijman, both plus athlete who proved they could start on their respective teams. They also come from great units, with good coaching and are under the age of 30.

If you can't afford Onwenu, or he simply refuses to play RT then sign one of these guys. They can step in and start immediately.

Chukwuma Okorafor is a jag.

What are we doing here?
What options are available for building the roster, bottom or top, on March 7th?

I like depth.

Better than the didn't plays we brought in last year
He's still young, has good size and speed (per his combine results). And he was let go primarily as a cap measure. If he totally sucked, they probably wouldn't have given him a 3 year deal last year. But, what do I know.

I need a Patsfans intervention. Step away from the keyboard. Back later.

LMAO, I thought you were being sarcastic too

What options are available for building the roster, bottom or top, on March 7th?
Yet somehow we've heard they've signed Chukwuma Okorafor.

I like depth.

Better than the didn't plays we brought in last year
Depth is good ... but we need girth ... he's okay I guess.

Could someone help me out with this, how is it possible that the Pats were able to sign him prior to FA starting?

If you aren’t under contract you don’t have to wait for the league year to officially end.

Lazar on Catch-22 this afternoon:
“He [“offensive line guru” Brandon Thorn] told me that he watched every single snap Mike Onwenu played at tackle last year and he said that his pass protection tape was terrible at right tackle. I don’t see Mike Onwenu as a tackle.”

So it’s certainly interesting that there’s now an experienced “real” right tackle on the roster.

I’m no offensive line guru but I think terrible is a tad overstated.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back