PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign Nick Folk

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If Nugent can't kick then he can't kick. If If Nugent sucks then he sucks.. I mean, it's as simple as that. It ain't about that. It isn't. It's not about that at all. You know what I'm saying. I mean … But it's easy to talk about. It's easy to sum it up when we just talk about kicking.

We're sitting here … Ghost is supposed to be the franchise player, and we're in here talking about other kickers. I mean, listen, we're talking about kickers. Not Brady Not Michel. Not Edelman. We're talking about kickers. Not touchdowns. Not the touchdowns that the offense goes out there and dies for and plays every game like it's their last. Not the offense. We're talking about kickers man.

I mean how silly is that. And we're talking about kickers I know Ghost is supposed to be there. I know Ghost is supposed to lead by example. I know that and Belichick is not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. Belichick knows it's important. He does He honestly does. But we're talking about kickers man. What are we talking about? Kickers? We're talking about kickers, man

Looks like he started with 2 good years in Dallas, followed by 5 meh years, followed by 4 good years, then had the disastrous month in TB (keep in mind that awful 'season' of 55% in 2017 was really just 4 games). Didnt play in 2018. Guess thats as good as it gets out there.

I know. All good.

In all seriousness they can win a SB with the line and TEs. Certainly not ideal but passable.

****ty FG and XP kicking will be this team's undoing if they don't fix it.

I'm cautiously optimistic with the direction the offense is heading and think from a complimentary sense they'll be solid.

Faulk or any kicker was a necessary move after the blocked attempt imo. That was all on Nugent and his lolly gagging approach. Anyway fingers crossed. Wonder if the kid on the practice squad is showing any promise.

I'm cautiously optimistic with the direction the offense is heading and think from a complimentary sense they'll be solid.

Faulk or any kicker was a necessary move after the blocked attempt imo. That was all on Nugent and his lolly gagging approach. Anyway fingers crossed. Wonder if the kid on the practice squad is showing any promise.
I had heard Nugent was fretting over his footing during warm-ups which is why he was deliberate in his cadence and kicks. Rumor is he didn't wear the right footware.

That sealed his fate.

Wonder if the kid on the practice squad is showing any promise.

If you are talking about Koo he was released weeks ago and signed by the Falcons yesterday.

If you are talking about Koo he was released weeks ago and signed by the Falcons yesterday.

Dam. I had a hope that they were developing the kid while dealing with jags.

I guess not. Thanks for squashing my hopes and dreams.:D

My speculation is that he couldn't handle weather with consistency. Probably less of a problem for Atalanta who plays at least 9 games a year in a dome..

You have hopes and dreams about Practice Squad kickers? I admit, you might be a bigger fan than me.

Over/under for number of games on our roster?

Easy to figure out, Mathematically speaking:
W= Accumulative yards of all kicks
X = accumulative miss distances in yards
Y = number of kicks
Z = number of misses

Y * ((Z/X)/W) = number of games on the roster. However, rounding off to the nearest whole number is required. For example if his first FG attempt is an inside the 10 yard line chip shot that misses by greater than 10 yards, while this will equal .15 of one game, he will be rounded up to 1 as the number of games on the roster :)

Hey all, longtime lurker, finally made an account to comment on this.

While most of us would have preferred to see the names Bryant or Forbath, I'm cautiously optimistic here. Definitely a step up from Nugent imo.

Looking up Folk, the first two videos that popped up were him drilling 55 and 53 yarders with the Hotshots. That's a range that I would have had 0% confidence in Nugent to convert at this point in his career, so I'm glad we have a guy with 50+ capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back